cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EXCHANGE IDEAS

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Share and rate your favorite network diagrams, configurations, or scripts with your colleagues.

Learn About the Idea

What do you think about the exchange ideas concept? Is it useful? Are there places on NetPro where you would like to see it? Do you think the idea should evolve into something different? Do you think this pilot should be dropped? Discuss it now.

4 Replies 4

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

Each & every organisation has its own security policy of not sharing its configs, diagrams or related information with third party or for that matter of fact even vendor.

If at all a company has to share any important information with vendors or 3rd parties, then there is an NDA (Non disclosure Agreement), which implies that the information shared with them will not be shared with anybody else.

Now coming to this forum, A lot of us in a curiosity to find solutions at the fastest or as a last resort dont bother to consider these policies & paste the diagrams, configs, IP addresing & other info on this forum.

The idea of sharing information is ok but at the compromise of an organisations interest is not encouragable.

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I like the idea. I create how-to's for junior engineers and customers, that do not divulge any proprietary information, for reference. I see a lot of questions like, "How do I configure RADIUS on an ASA for VPN auth?". It would nice to point them to a URL on NetPro/Cisco that will help them. As far as posting sensitive information, the onus is on the poster, not the forum.

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Let me try and give a little more detail on how this would work. This would function differently than our current discussion forums. It would strictly be used to upload/download things such as scripts, tips, and tricks. No conversations would be associated with this area. We would give members the ability to rate the content so it will be easier to determine which files are most popular. Attached is a link to how this could look on NetPro. All feedback is welcome.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/EEM?page=search_results&fn=search&catId=5&count=20&skip=0&sortBy=3&order=DESC&mode=browse

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

I still like it because we send a link to it from NetPro discussions. How will you prevent people from uploading irrelevant content (like study guides, testkings, etc)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links