Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue With Posting

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan and the support team,

I have noticed this behavior several times in the past, but I want to provide an example for clarity.  If you click on this URL, it is discussion about VRF leaking that have provided feedback to.  Usually, when I provide feedback my name will replace the OP's name on the right side in the main page.  In this case the OP's name is still there and not mine.  I am wondering if this a software issue and if anyone else has noticed it?

I have to say that this is not very common at all, but it has happened to me a few times.

Again, not big deal at all, but I want to bring it to your attention.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2135675?tstart=0

Thanks,

Reza

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Reza,

I just ran some tests and identified the cause of what you are describing.  The original author is making an edit to their post after you respond.  When this happens it makes them appear on main page as the last person to touch the discussion.  I'm guessing  the edit is so small you aren't even recognizing it occurred.  This isn't actually a bug,  but I see how it can be confusing if it's only a minor edit.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Reza,

I just ran some tests and identified the cause of what you are describing.  The original author is making an edit to their post after you respond.  When this happens it makes them appear on main page as the last person to touch the discussion.  I'm guessing  the edit is so small you aren't even recognizing it occurred.  This isn't actually a bug,  but I see how it can be confusing if it's only a minor edit.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

It make sense now.

Thanks a lot Dan!

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links