Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moderators to closed the long outstanding unanswered discussions

Hi,

I'm have noted number for times that member post their concerns for some solution and afterwards (whether they get answer or not) they doesn't even bothered to close the thread.

I suggest handpicking couple of skilled, mature and experience moderator; who  from time to time review all the unanswered questions.

If those people feel that discussion has sufficiently answered the concern, they can close the thread.

If nobody had reponded to concern, then they should answer them and then close the thread.

Just an Idea, to save too time of every community member, and it also protects the interest of the member who posted the original discussion.

Regards,

Smitesh

12 Replies 12

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Smitesh,

Thanks for the suggestion.  This is actually something our team has discussed in the past.  The issue I see with this model is someone other than the author is determining if a response answered their question.  What if something is marked resolved and it didn't answer the authors question?  Now that conversation is closed and no one else will respond. 

As we all know many conversations within CSC have the correct answer are never marked as resolved.  I'd love to implement a model like this if it was acceptable by our members.  Does anyone else want to chime in with thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reply as well as feedback.

Thats why i suggest elite, matured and skilled person only to mark thread closed. However, i still see your concern.

So, what i porpose is that those moderators can only close th thread, only after certain period has passed and also if author hasn't closed OR provided some feedback OR said it is not solved issue.

I know, I may sound little crude, however you guys has got more grey matter than me to ponder something on above line for the benifit of the community...

Regards,

Smitesh

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Smitesh,

I think this idea has some real merit

It's always a real shame to see a thread with an answer or answers

that are excellent that have not been marked/rated as resolved. I do

think that some experienced moderators could review these threads

to mark/rate where applicable. I'm not sure that they could mark them

as resolved as only the OP (original poster) knows for sure whether the

responses solved his/her question but I do agree that many threads could

be closed in some way. Maybe a RED checkmark could indicate that a thread

had been marked by the "Review Moderator".

This would be of great benefit to all CSC members!

Cheers!

Rob

PS: there would have to be some time limit on these to prevent the closing of a thread

prematurely as Dan nicely noted.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for appreciating and reciprocating the concern.

+5 for feedback and suggestion.

BTW, I'm big fan of yours...

Regards,

Smitesh

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Smitesh,

Thanks so much for your kind words my friend!

+5 for this excellent suggestion

Cheers!

Rob

Hello,

how i can close a discussion after have been answered?

Why would you want to close a discussion after it has been answered? People search here for answers and help so you would want this to be available to see.

Mike

It was my first discussion so i was wondering if i have to close it or leave it.

Nope just leave it. Hope you got the help you needed, if you did remember to rate the people who helped and if they gave a correct answer mark it as a correct answer.

Mike

ok , thanks

Andrew,

By marking a response as "correct answer" you are basically closing out the discussion.  Everyone will know there is no need to respond.  It will also allow others who are searching on CSC to find Q&A pairings more easily.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

+1 to Rob's idea. Marking a question with a Red checkmark or something like that is a great idea. It would even better if the original poster would have the possibility to 'overrule' that by unflagging the question if he/she thinks that the question is not fully answered. I guess that would incentivate him/her to come forward and speak loud after long time of silence.

If he/she does not take any action that will mean that either the poster has completely lost interest in the topic (hence no harm in closing it) or he/she agrees with the reviewer closure (hence good advantage for the community to have the question closed and rated).

+5 to Rob and Smitesh who came up with these good ideas.

Riccardo

Quick Links