cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetPro appreciation gifts

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Warning: This is not a serious conversation, so don't come with your official clothes! I am having a break after working almost non-stop 4 days in a row, and I wanted to joke about something I have been thinking for some time now.

I suppose many of you have received NetPro appreciation gifts from time to time when your stars change color. I am not a big star, so I do not have many such gifts. I wanted to comment on the shirt that says "Top NetPro Expert". This is a good quality shirt and I would have wore it, if only it didn't say all these words. I can wear a shirt that says just "NetPro", but I cannot wear a shirt that says either "Top" or "Expert" and certainly not both! This shirt still sits at the top of one of my libraries within the original bag, which is a pity.

Anyway, I hope the next present won't be a neon flashing sign that says "Top NetPro Expert" for me to put on my head! :-)

42 Replies 42

If anyone is interested for a tour of Crete we could arrange for you to stay at my house for free, since I have plenty of space among my piles of books :-)

All,

I recently took over the business ownership of Cisco's NetPro support community. Just want to be open about Dan's status at Cisco. Dan is a full time contractor to Cisco. This is not unusual at Cisco, and in no way impacts his responsibilities as the primary moderator of NetPro. Dan has worked on NetPro since it began more than nine years ago, and he remains a key asset to the community going forward. He reports to me and is completely empowered to manage and moderate the community.

-Tim Albright

Hi Tim,

In my opinion, Dan is the essence of NetPro! Period! His wisdom and guidance have led these Forums to where they are today, which is second to none. A moderator with his kindness and gentle "leading" hand are invaluable. I truly hope that Cisco sees the great, great resource they have in Dan. Without his stewardship, NetPro would be sadly diminished to say the least.

ROCK-ON Dan! You are the Best!

Huff

I second Rob's comments!

I believe Dan is one of the reasons NetPro is as good as it is.

Thanks Dan!

Scott

Rob and Scott,

Many thanks for the kind words. It's not me, but members like the two of you who really make NetPro the success it is. I truly believe we are one of the most welcoming and encouraging technical support communities on the internet. That is what makes NetPro a great community to be a part of.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Kudos to all the people who work on NetPro.

Nice to hear Dan is doing well.

Anyone interested in my previous offer can drop me e-mail. Those who dare will also have the chance to enjoy my pastitsio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastitsio

Bit late on this thread, as usual :-), but would also just like to echo Rob and Scott in saying i think Dan is a large part of what makes this forum tick.

Cisco have a a great resource in Dan and i hope he continues to manage and moderate the community for a long time yet.

Jon

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is very nice of you Maria. I think that visiting Crete would be simply enchanting and hope to be able to see it at some time. Please be assured that there is still a lot of time to do things before the world is over.

Tim, thank you for introducing yourself. In no way I wanted to infer that Dan is doing less that a stellar job no matter what his employment status is. Now we know who to press for gifts :)

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maria, I believe that your outgoing personality and sensibility to the human matter will allow you to succeed in many fields beside this our, and I compliment you for that.

I will be very happy to participate in discussing any matter, but in some other venue, because I do not feel comfortable doing that here, call me too much ciscocentric if you want.

Enjoy your trip and forget all about networking for a while! I do that as often as I can and it does very good to me.

And trust me, I could eat your pastitsio without an end. But here again, there are "limiting factors" to consider...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To Maria, Tim, Dan, Rob, Paolo and the rest of NetPro regulars (and first timers), I would like to wish you a Happy Easter.

DISCLAIMER: Apologize if I offended anyone from different denomination or religion.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan and/or Dave,

Just received a "Cisco's NetPro Award of Recognition".

Just want to say "thanks" (if you had something to do with it), however, may I request if I can get a replacement: Someone spelled my name wrong.

Thanks.

Leo,

Please contact me using the feedback link in the right navigation, so we can get the correct information.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Thanks Dan.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

CONGRATULATIONS on your new SILVER Star!

What pub do we all go to for celebrations?

Yahoooooooooooooo!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links