Views
Helpful
Replies

NETPRO Email Notification Ideas

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear Team

I would like to suggest two ideas with regards to the email alerts whenever somebody posts on 'subscribed' threads.

1) Currently email alerts are received even for the replies made by the user himself (like I get emails for my posts as well), I think this should be disabled. There is no need to notify the netpro user about his own posts.

2) It would be nice if we could see the name/nick of the user in email alert, this could help one know if this is a reply from the original poster or someone else has replied to the original poster.

Regards

Farrukh Haroon

CCIE # 20184 (Security)

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

#1 Have often thought the same!

#2 Interesting idea, but unsure there would be much benefit since you wouldn't know the nature of the post until you read it. Original poster could be asking someone else for additional information, or someone else could be asking you for additional information. However, along similar lines, some indication that there's a reply against your reply post or that's reply post thread, might be nice to know. (I.e. your post thread would be the "reply" to your reply post or subsequent replies to those replies.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links