cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are the Hot Items that need our attention?

We've received a lot of great feedback from all of you so far on the new changes.  I'm pleased to say that most of it is pretty positive.  That said, there are some things that I feel we need to explain better.  For example, the way you grant points has changed and we need to make sure the method is clear to make sure you don't give a 1 star when you meant to give 5.  We've created a Hot Items wiki doc in the Help section to address these in real time as they come up.  The rating method will be posted there shortly.

Use this discussion to tell us what the other Hot Items are as you use the new site.  We will continue to add to the wiki doc as needed. 

Cheers,

Tim Albright

Cisco Support Community

17 Replies 17

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tim,

So far so good!

I already mistakanly gave my friend Jon a 1 instead of a 5, so thanks for pointing out what an idiot I am

Just an FYI

Maria pointed out a very nice fix for anyone that is finding the new site

slow and/or are experiencing "script errors"

From the page > Account > Preferences > Thread page View > ** change to Flat

This really has enhanced the overall feel for me

Cheers!

Rob

rob.huffman wrote:

Hey Tim,

So far so good!

I already mistakanly gave my friend Jon a 1 instead of a 5, so thanks for pointing out what an idiot I am

Just an FYI

Maria pointed out a very nice fix for anyone that is finding the new site

slow and/or are experiencing "script errors"

From the page > Account > Preferences > Thread page View > ** change to Flat

This really has enhanced the overall feel for me

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Totally right about Maria's find on the "Flat" setting.  It helps overall performance for obvious reasons.  We'll add that to the Hot Items.  If you can, take a quick look at the Hot Items doc to see how we did on the description.  Trying to be more responsive than fancy, but I want to make sure it gets the method across.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Yes, that looks pretty good for sure. I might add something like;

Of the 5 Stars shown, the most Right hand Star = 5 (Highest rating)

Of the 5 Stars shown the most Left hand Star = 1 (Lowest rating)

be careful to check before you click on a Star as the rating cannot be changed after it has been entered (as Rob can attest to)

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will go ahead and make the edits.

Kind Regards,

Monica Lluis

CCIE 7509

Cisco Support Community Moderator

Thanks Monica,

I even managed to hit the right Star this time

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the rating, Rob. I have edited the document.... you can take a look now... https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8052

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Is there a specific Idle time out for the new Netpro? I get logged out often.

With the old one, I was always logged in and did not have to login every hour or so.

Thanks,

Reza

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

I noticed Cisco Employees have lost their star and the Cisco logo is used as the placeholder.

Any plans on adding the star on Cisco Employees?

Also, it seems I lost points that were associated to my previous account 'EdisonOrtiz'.

Internally within Cisco, the point total is correct while externally under my ediortiz account is not.

Regards

Edison

ediortiz wrote:

Hi Tim,

I noticed Cisco Employees have lost their star and the Cisco logo is used as the placeholder.

Any plans on adding the star on Cisco Employees?

Also, it seems I lost points that were associated to my previous account 'EdisonOrtiz'.

Internally within Cisco, the point total is correct while externally under my ediortiz account is not.

Regards

Edison

Hi Edison,

We honestly don't have plans right now to bring back the stars for Cisco employees.  Let me look into that and get back to you.  Not sure of the difficulty level.  That said, we will be looking for a variety of ways to recognize Cisco contributors.  Many of the (non-Cisco) forum users have asked about this, so we will be working on it.

As to the different accounts, we have run into this before.  Dan should be able to sort this out for you.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Edison,

I have completed the merge of your accounts.  Please let me know if you see any issues.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Dan,

It's fine now thanks

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

Is there a plan to bring back the section where all unanswered questions were located?

Currently, you can filter on 'answered' questions but this provides a false positive as it categorizes 'answered' questions on only rated threads.

Even if a thread is being properly answered but no rating was given is classified as 'unanswered'.

We need a filter for threads with no replies as the old netpro had.

Regards

Edison

Hi Edison,

We still have the "unanswered questions", however, the "widget" for this is on the Overview Tab of any topic (e.g., IP Telephony).  At least for now, we can't place it directly on the Forums tab.  That's a limitation of the system.  Take a look and let me know what you think.  It's another "click" away but it's there.

Cheers,

Tim

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim/Dan,

I find it quite sad that Cisco employees will not be recognized

with the Badges that they have earned

We all know that this is not fair and diminishes the overall community.

Can't these fine folks have both the Cisco Logo and their Star shown in

their profile. It seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links