Views
Helpful
Replies

250 users webex deployment failed

Helmi Muzammil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have some problem when deploy webex for 250 users.

- CWMS 1.5

- 2 UCS C240 M3 ( 1 for IRP & 1 for Admin and Media )

- Manual Deploment

I got " Deplyment Status : failed " error message when System Check

No problem with the DNS.

Any advice?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Helmi,

Based on the screen shots, we first need to ensure you are running in a supported manner. I can see that you have some coresiding VMs on the two ESXi hosts, which is not supported. 

You have to have dedicated hosts for your CWMS soulution:

1. A dedicated UCS server for your Admin and Media VMs

2. A dedicated UCS server for your IRP VM

You cannot have any additional VMs on neither ESXi host.

Once you have the environment ready, they you can deploy CWMS. 

Furthermore, CWMS 1.1.1.9A is a rather old version of CWMS. Version 2.0 and Maintenance Release 1 for 2.0 are already out. You may want to order 2.0 OVA and deploy CWMS 2.0 instead of the old 1.1.1.9A. If you need advice on ordering CWMS 2.0 OVA image, take a look at this post:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12110101/ordering-cwms-20-migration-file-through-product-upgrade-tool

Thank you.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Helmi,

Before we can troubleshoot the issue, I have to ask you couple of questions. 

1. Are you deploying CWMS using vCenter or vSphere connecting to the ESXi hosts directly?

2. Can you include more details about resources on your UCS-C240-M3 servers? (# of CPUs and CPU speed  /  RAM  /  HDD)

Thank you.

-Dejan

Hi Dpetrovi,

Thanks for reply.

1. Yes, I deploy CWMS using vcenter and via OVA.

2. My 2 UCSs-C240-M3 include :

16 CPUs x 2.699GHZ ( Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-26800 @ 2.70GHZ)

Ram 98 GB

HD 300 GB x 16

Hi Helmi,

What is the version of the ESXi host you are running? ESXi  5.0, 5.0 Update 1, or 5.1 are supported. 

Based on your hardware details, you should have enough resources to successfully deploy CWMS. 

Is there a reason why you are performing a manual deployment vs. an automatic deployment? I don't believe it would make a difference, but would like to know. 

At this time, your deployment fails at the System Check. The system is performing Calibration Test in the backend, but it seems the test is not completing successfully.

You can try redeploying the system one more time, and ensure that all the requirements are fulfilled.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/System_Requirements/System_Requirements_chapter_00.html#reference_249B138B71324D19B09141D3849EC058

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_011.html

If all is set, and your redeployment fails in the same way, I would advise you to open a TAC ticket so that we can look into the calibtest logs and see why this might be failing (it can be any kind of resource/network issue and would need more extensive troubleshooting).

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, The CWMS version is 1.1 and The ESXi version is 5.1 cisco custom.

I tried to redeploy once more with the same exact environtment and configuration.

And the previous error is not showing, and it can continue the wizard. But instead, it gives error on dashboard system.

And the media VM console showing that it is waiting for admin vm connection.

Here is the description of the attachment:

1.       This is where the error firstly encountered.

2.       After redeployment by firstly deleting the VMs, it gave different error. But after I refresh the page the wizard continued.

3.       After the wizard finish, the dashboard gives error.

4.       IRP is on connected state

5.       Media is not on connected state.

Would you like to help me?

Thanks in advance Dejan.

Hi Helmi,

Based on the screen shots, we first need to ensure you are running in a supported manner. I can see that you have some coresiding VMs on the two ESXi hosts, which is not supported. 

You have to have dedicated hosts for your CWMS soulution:

1. A dedicated UCS server for your Admin and Media VMs

2. A dedicated UCS server for your IRP VM

You cannot have any additional VMs on neither ESXi host.

Once you have the environment ready, they you can deploy CWMS. 

Furthermore, CWMS 1.1.1.9A is a rather old version of CWMS. Version 2.0 and Maintenance Release 1 for 2.0 are already out. You may want to order 2.0 OVA and deploy CWMS 2.0 instead of the old 1.1.1.9A. If you need advice on ordering CWMS 2.0 OVA image, take a look at this post:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12110101/ordering-cwms-20-migration-file-through-product-upgrade-tool

Thank you.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan..

Thanks for your help..

I already installed the CWMS 2.0 in the same exact condition and now working well.

Cheers.

-Helmi

Thank you, Helmi.

I am not sure if you assigned dedicated UCS hosts to CWMS solution as advised. If this is a proof of concept, that is fine. But if you plan to put the system in production, and you have any co-residing VMs, in case of any issues, Cisco TAC won't be able to support you.

I just want to ensure you are aware of this.

Thank you.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: