Views
Helpful
Replies

ARF converted to MP4 or WMV shows desktop which don't see in ARF

ledouglas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are hoping to use WebEx to record training videos, and I was excited to see the "new" cability to convert ARF files to MP4 and WMV in a much easier way than the past and without the 'tinny' noise.  Great job, Cisco!

Can someone help with my questions/issues below?  We have to make this go live on Friday!

FIRST QUESTION

So we recorded our first video and it turned out great.  We put slides fullscreen which looked great for readability, however when I converted the ARF to WMV and MP4 some of the desktop shows under the slides.  So the slides are no longer shown full screen and it is harder to view them and distracting.

Please see the attached screen shots which show:

1. what i see when I view the downloaded ARF recording (it shows slides full screen)
  2. what i see after I converted ARF to WMV  (it shows the teal background below the slides now, instead of slides full screen like ARF)
  3. what i see after I converted ARF to MP4 (it shows the teal background below the slides now, instead of slides full screen like ARF)

I am on a PC running Windows 7 Enteprise Service Pack 1.  I am using the Network Recording Player to open the ARF and convert. I guess we just have the standard Meeting Center.

Can I convert ARF to WMV or MP4 and not have that distracting/unattractive desktop show up?  I want it to be like the ARF looks.

SECOND QUESTION

I need to edit out some sections of the video (the beginning and ending so have a clean start and end plus an outlook alert popped up in the middle of the presentation accidentally that we need to edit out).  I see that Cisco provides a "WebEx Recording Editor" for editting WRF files but I have not found the same for ARF files.  Does an editor for ARF exist?  Or do I convert this to MP4 or WMV and then import into iMovie or some other third party editor to do the changes?

THIRD QUESTION

When I record the output is ARF.  That is the only format.  I don't see a WRF format.  Can I get both an ARF and WRF format in future? 

Thanks, in advance, for any and all help!

Laura Douglas

Good Technology

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Laura,

Per your post, I understand you are using WebEx SaaS (in the cloud) solution, and not Cisco WebEx Meetings Server product (which doesn't yet offer the ability to download recordings). Since this community is observed by Cisco WebEx Meetings Server experts and not WebEx SaaS experts, in order to get answers to your questions, I would advise you to reach to Cisco WebEx Support team by calling the following number 1.866.229.3239 and discuss these issues.

I hope this is of help.

-Dejan

dpetrovi,

Thanks for the response. Not sure what is used. 

The question got answered here though so posting for others who might come behind me so they can benefit:

https://communities.cisco.com/message/143866

Laura

Thank you, Laura. This might be useful with MeetingPlace WebEx integrations.

-Dejan