Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ask About Cisco Webex Meeting Attendee Application

Hi All,

Our Customer's HO already implemented Cisco Webex on Cloud. So every PC's in our customer has been installed ciso webex meeting attendee for webex cloud.

Right now, our Customer's Branch will implement cisco webex meeting on prem.

My question is can the meeting attendee for webex cloud ( that already installed in every PC's ) use for join meeting from Cisco webex meeting on prem? because right now in our lab it couldn't do.

the user have to installed the meeting attendee from webex meeting on prem to join the meeting from Cisco webex meeting on prem. which is not in accordance with our company policy, two same application installed in one PC.

FYI,

the cisco webex meeting on prem version 2.0
the cisco webex cloud meeting attendee version 28.12.1.16851

the cisco webex on prem meeting attendee version 27.32.200.1713

Thanks,
Helmi

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

As Dejan noted above, the 2

As Dejan noted above, the 2 client applications (while seemingly the same based on name and function) are not the same.  The on-prem MC app is installed in a directory structure that denotes "on prem".

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Cisco Employee

These two Meeting Clients are

These two Meeting Clients are independent and any updates done on CWMS affect just CWMS Meeting Client and not WebEx Cloud Meeting Client (and other way around). 

-Dejan

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Helmi, CWMS Cisco WebEx

Hi Helmi,

CWMS Cisco WebEx Meetings add-in is different from WebEx Cloud Meetings add-in. As you know WebEx Cloud offers multiple different types of sessions, while CWMS offers only Meeting Center.

These aren't the same add-ins and you do need to install CWMS Cisco WebEx Meetings add-in separately.

-Dejan 

As Dejan noted above, the 2

As Dejan noted above, the 2 client applications (while seemingly the same based on name and function) are not the same.  The on-prem MC app is installed in a directory structure that denotes "on prem".

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi David and Petrov,Thanks

Hi David and Petrov,

Thanks for your reply and good explanation to me.

One more question from me just want to make sure, if i do any updates to one of them (CWMS on Prem and Cloud) so it doesn't matter/impact to another one? does it?

Regards and Thanks,

Helmi

Cisco Employee

These two Meeting Clients are

These two Meeting Clients are independent and any updates done on CWMS affect just CWMS Meeting Client and not WebEx Cloud Meeting Client (and other way around). 

-Dejan

Petrov, Thanks for your good

Petrov,

Thanks for your good answer.

Cheers,

Helmi

Views
Helpful
Replies