Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Virtual TelePresence Server Clustering

thanhduytran
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I have just deployed Virtual TelePresence Server in ESXi (via ova). 

In this document (Cisco TelePresence Server on Virtual Machine Release 3.1(1.96)), i show that VTS doesn't support clustering feature.

But this is 3.1 release. I don't know in latest version (4.0), Does Cisco change its ?

Anyone tell me about this ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct as per the release notes you have there on pg 3, clustering it's supported with the virtual TelePresence Server.  I checked the 4.0(2.8) release notes and didn't see anything new or updated saying otherwise that the it can support clustering, so if there is no mention otherwise that it does, then that feature hasn't changed from the last release, in which this case, it still doesn't support clustering.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please, move this post to TelePresence community to get TP experts to look into it and provide you with answers/advice.

This community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products, and is not observed by TP experts.

I hope this will help you get the answer faster.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct as per the release notes you have there on pg 3, clustering it's supported with the virtual TelePresence Server.  I checked the 4.0(2.8) release notes and didn't see anything new or updated saying otherwise that the it can support clustering, so if there is no mention otherwise that it does, then that feature hasn't changed from the last release, in which this case, it still doesn't support clustering.

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Conductor is the product used as the front end piece that manages all of your TelePresence Servers from a resourcing, load balancing and redundancy perspective.

Only traditional MCUs have clustering which are the MSE 8510, 5300 series, etc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: