Helpful
Replies

CMS WebRtc via expressway proxy

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i have deployed expressway for cms webrtc what i did :

1. expressway C & E has configured for MRA (verify OK), the expressway-E use only 1 NIC and NATed 1:1 to ip public

2. configure webrtc proxy on expressway, following guides

the problem is, webrtc still not working, and i follow verifying step on guides, webbridge address on expressway-C OK, on HTTP allow list > automatically added rules OK, SSH tunnels status OK, 

BUT when i checked on CMS logs, i didn't find TURN server status message.

on step using API CMS there are 2 fields : serverAddress and clientAddress, for serverAddress i fill the ip address of expressway-E, and clientaddress i have tried to fill same ip, WebRTC still failed, and tried to fill the public ip of expressway-E (NAT), still failed.

also on expressway ip setting the static NAT Mode is Off.

please help

Regards,

Ahmed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi anderson,

yes my case was solved, there are three thing 

1. the firewall should have NAT reflection, and enable ALG

2. the firewall should pass media traffic (audio video) 

3. make sure all config done, in this case i have mistake in API typing

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Sandro Nardi
Spotlight
Spotlight
Hi Ahmed

Never deployed WebRTC with single nic NAT.
this is the guide for dual nic, dual domain
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/211301-Configure-Proxy-WebRTC-With-CMS-over-Exp.html
serverAddress should be the address used form CMS to contact the turn-server
clientAddress sould be the address used form the client (web RTC) outside the network tho contact the turn server

alternatively you can find some useful information about Turn configuration in the guide for SfB integration (page 22) the explanation and restriction and page 23 "Configure Meeting Server to Use Expressway-E for TCP TURN Services"
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-9/CMS-Expressway-Deployment-Guide_X8-9-2.pdf

rate if help

Sandro

Hi Sandro,

many thanks for help, currently the webrtc can be open from internet, but when i join space, there is no media flow and in few seconds it will dissconnect. 

i follow troubleshooting step on guide, and it says to capture use wireshark and using filter "stun " but there is no any messages show up in wireshark.

also i attach the log files from CMS.

please help

Hi Ahmed,

Did you fixed this issue?

it's the same thing that it was happening with me.

Client is trying to load media, after this, connection drops.

Hi anderson,

yes my case was solved, there are three thing 

1. the firewall should have NAT reflection, and enable ALG

2. the firewall should pass media traffic (audio video) 

3. make sure all config done, in this case i have mistake in API typing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: