Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 1.5 managing user

Hi everyone!

I have CWMS 1.5 which synchronized user with CUCM and AD respectively.

I just got issue about 2 user that have same email address.

User1 Email : example.com

User2 Email : example.com

After i test log in CWMS with example.com with password of user1 and user2. It seem like CWMS synchronized user only user1 

My Objective is try to change CWMS to synchronize user with user2 instead

I have tried to remove email address field of User1 in AD and synchronize both CUCM and CWMS once again -> The resule is in CWMS shown example.com as inactive* status which disabled by LDAP

Is there any way to change to use example.com with user2 instead? it seem like CWMS remember and associate to user1 following it email address.

Many Thanks

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

CWMS will synchronize with the account which has the latest update. Hence, in CUCM, open the User2, edit something irrelevant, and just click Save. Once the save is completed, perform a full LDAP synchronization in CWMS. At this time, the User2 should be able to login with the credentials specified  in the User2 account.

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Many thanks for your recommended. But which field do you want me to change user2 in CUCM. Because all users has synchronized from LDAP so i can't edit field in user management page.

Thanks.

Hi,

You can modify whatever you want just to mark the user profile as updated. You can modify it in LDAP and after it syncs to the CUCM you can run a LDAP synchronization in CWMS. It is important that User2 is the one with the latest update, as CWMS will use the profile that is most recently updated.

I hope this will work for you.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: