Helpful
Replies

CWMS Dial back failure + some queries

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Guys,

1) I am having an issue with CWMS dial back. Getting below error:

I have configured CUCM as per the guide.

2) Second query I have is can we backup the CWMS anywhere on the network directory like CUCM?

If yes how does backups are transferred - as CUCM uses SFTP how will CWMS work.

I try adding a windows server as backup but it comes up with error:

Can someone please advice? Do we need a tape drive or attached SAN Storage?

Thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Terry,

Seems CUCM is not able to handle leading '+' , as CWMS prefix all calling number's with '+' so create apporpriate translation pattern or route pattern to handle '+'.

Regarding NFS, have you configured NFS on windows server? I'm not sure what windows OS you are running for NFS but, you may find this link useful in setting up NFS on windows server:

http://www.kasraeian.com/2011/02/nfs-on-windows-server-2008-r2/

Let us know if any further issues?

Thanks, Arun

View solution in original post

Hi Terry,

What Arun mentioned can be one of the things to look at on CUCM. I would advise also checking Calling Search Space on the SIP trunks for Incoming Calls.

If none of the above corrects the issue, it is hard for us to say what might be causing it without reviewing your configuration and possible checking the logs. If it comes to that, I would advise opening a TAC ticket so we can jump on a WebEx session and work with you.

As for the NFS storage, I can see you are using a c$ for the remote machine, and as Arun mentioned most likely a Windows machine. What we know is that NFS storage must allow Anonimous Access and have Read/Write/Execute permisisons enable for everyone, as you cannot specify an account to use for authentication when configuring CWMS for NFS storage. So far, I've seen users configuring basing Linux machines with larger HDDs to server as NFS storage, which might be a simpler option for you in case Windows configuration doesn't work out well.

Finally, you cannot back it up to local drives. It has to be a remote NFS storage.

-Dejan

Hi Terry,

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to read CWMS logs, nor a publicly available guide.Depending on your deployment size (50 user), it may be sufficient to look into tahoeas_SIP.log in the infocap logs (if you generate it for a specific meeting) and try to identify the call. If you have a larger deployment, then there are multiple modules and log files and SIP communication is not as straight forward to identify (not to mention explain). Easier way would be to review CUCM traces for SIP messages coming from CWMS and being processed further.

You've mentioned that now it appears that you have issues with external calls. Have you checked that Calling Search Space in the SIP trunk includes external calls as well.

I hope this will be of help.

-Dejan

8 Replies 8

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Terry,

For some reason we see the error you are getting. Can you please try to add it again?

As for backups, you have to configure NFS storage somewhere on the network. Then, as part of your CWMS configuration, you can follow these instructions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_administrationGuide_chapter_01100.html#task_4A68696836634ECDADFE4B8223540617

This will point CWMS to NFS storage for storing meeting recordings and backups. Backups are done automatically, and for now, it is not configurable when the system is backing up the data, but we expect that to be corrected in CWMS 1.5.

I hope this will help you.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Re-adding screen shots.

1) Call me fails at both internal and new number with same error

2) When I try to add storage I get the below error.

3) Also I was following the admin guide but what does this mean:

" Before You Begin Make sure to configure your Unix access privileges so that your system can store user-generated content and system backups."

The server team have to add priviliges anywhere? If yes on the ip address of the internal machine?

4) Can I backup it up to local hard disks? (I beleive we cant but just wanted to confirm)

Terry

Hi Terry,

Seems CUCM is not able to handle leading '+' , as CWMS prefix all calling number's with '+' so create apporpriate translation pattern or route pattern to handle '+'.

Regarding NFS, have you configured NFS on windows server? I'm not sure what windows OS you are running for NFS but, you may find this link useful in setting up NFS on windows server:

http://www.kasraeian.com/2011/02/nfs-on-windows-server-2008-r2/

Let us know if any further issues?

Thanks, Arun

Hi Terry,

What Arun mentioned can be one of the things to look at on CUCM. I would advise also checking Calling Search Space on the SIP trunks for Incoming Calls.

If none of the above corrects the issue, it is hard for us to say what might be causing it without reviewing your configuration and possible checking the logs. If it comes to that, I would advise opening a TAC ticket so we can jump on a WebEx session and work with you.

As for the NFS storage, I can see you are using a c$ for the remote machine, and as Arun mentioned most likely a Windows machine. What we know is that NFS storage must allow Anonimous Access and have Read/Write/Execute permisisons enable for everyone, as you cannot specify an account to use for authentication when configuring CWMS for NFS storage. So far, I've seen users configuring basing Linux machines with larger HDDs to server as NFS storage, which might be a simpler option for you in case Windows configuration doesn't work out well.

Finally, you cannot back it up to local drives. It has to be a remote NFS storage.

-Dejan

Hi Arun and Dejan,

Thank you guys for useful info. +5 each.

I just re-configured the trunks and the only issue is with external calls. I beleive as Arun has mentioned it appears CWMS is sending the extra digit which CUCM is not recognizing. I will try to work that out and see how that goes. I was looking at collecting logs the zip file comes up with a lot of stuff - any idea which logs we should be looking in CWMS or any document that details the log and trace locations etc?

Regards to storage  will check with server team about permissions.

Thanks again guys much appreciated.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to read CWMS logs, nor a publicly available guide.Depending on your deployment size (50 user), it may be sufficient to look into tahoeas_SIP.log in the infocap logs (if you generate it for a specific meeting) and try to identify the call. If you have a larger deployment, then there are multiple modules and log files and SIP communication is not as straight forward to identify (not to mention explain). Easier way would be to review CUCM traces for SIP messages coming from CWMS and being processed further.

You've mentioned that now it appears that you have issues with external calls. Have you checked that Calling Search Space in the SIP trunk includes external calls as well.

I hope this will be of help.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the CSS was setup to allow full PSTN connectivity. It was due to a misconfugration in the dial plan (relating to + dialing being setup incorrectly) on CUCM side. Now the calls are working.

Thanks for the tip on the logs.

Terry

Hi Terry,

I am glad you were able to figure it out and fix the configuration on CUCM.

If you have any other questions in regards to CWMS, feel free to open new discussions and we'll do our best to help you.

-Dejan