Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS Error

Hi,

Please find the attaché screen shot CWMS error.and give me solution.

7 Replies 7

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Muralidhar,

What is the hardware platform you are trying to deploy CWMS OVA? Are you using vSphere or vCenter to deploy the OVA? How many times have you tried deploying the OVA? Did you get the OVA on a USB or you downloaded it?

-Dejan

I'm also getting a failure trying to install version 1.5.1.6.A ova file (250 users Admin) downloaded from Cisco. I'm installing on UCS C220 M3 hardware. Using vCenter version 5.1. The installation gets to the point of "Deploying disk 1 of 5", runs for about 12-15 minutes (shows 17%completed) and then errors out with "Failed to deploy OVF package. The request was aborted: Th request was canceled."

Hi Brad,

Can you ensure your server satisfies the following CPU, RAM, NIC, and HDD requirements for 250-user deployment:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_1/b_System_Requirements_chapter_00.html#reference_249B138B71324D19B09141D3849EC058

Do you have vCenter on the same UCS host or not?

Also, for 250-user deployment, here is the minimum hardware requirement:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_1/b_System_Requirements_chapter_00.html#reference_EE2655849348437FB3A34F4C4D3E1F71

UCS C220 M3 is listed for 50-user deployment only. For 250-user deployment, the following servers are listed:

• UCS C240 M3
  • UCS B200 M3

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Two servers (planned for admin and media on one and IRP on second. Both have 2 - 6 core processors, 64mb ram, 6 1Gb ethernet ports and 1.5 TB 7200 rpm hdd. VCenter is not on the same UCS host.

This model (c220 M3) was recommended by our Cisco account reps for 250 user install. I also tried the 50 user install and got the same error.

Hi Brad,

If it also fails during the 50-user deployment it is possible that the OVA file is corrupted. Can you try re-downloading it and attempt the deployment again?

I searched for some VMware articles about this, and some of them are stating that OVA file might be corrupted. The others are pointing into another direction that I believe is not relevant for your scenario:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2034422

Also, make sure you use vCenter and not vSphere for deployment.

-Dejan

Turned out to be what looks like a bug in the vCenter client. The client was seeing the ova file as 1.8 gb instead of ~10 gb. I copied the file to the host datastore using scp and deployed the system from the local datastore. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the update, Brad. We will keep that in mind in case any similar issues are experienced.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: