Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CWMS Join Meeting Settings

Hi Guys,

Can someone please provide some clarification on the below settings:

Join the Meetings.PNG 

1) I have "allow participants to join Teleconference before host" option as unchecked. But still the participants can join the teleconference even the Host has not joined.

2) To start the meeting, the host must start the meeting from WebEx. Is there any option for audio only conference?

3) For the host, if he dials the meeting from his phone and doesn't enters the attendee number (since its not enforced), there's no way system identifies him as Host as the meeting number and access code are same for everyone. There is also a host key but its not being used anywhere in the phone conference. Whats this for?

4) If someone can please throw light on first two options would be great. I have tested this and either way, If I check the boxes or leave them unchecked the behavior stays the same - once host starts the meeting and WebEx is fired up everyone is able to join the meeting even if host as not joined the audio conference.

The system allows to save the changes without going into maintenance - do we need to restart or do anything like that to get the settings to work?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: CWMS Join Meeting Settings

Hi Terry,

Can you let me know what version of CWMS you are running?

I've just tested on CWMS 1.1.1.316A (MR3), and the behavior is as follows:

1. Allow participants to join meeting before host is checked, but Allow participants to join teleconference before host is not checked

- If no one joined WebEx session of the meeting, you won't  be able to dial in, enter the meeting ID and join the meeting. The  system will report the meeting hasn't started yet

- If any  participant joins the web portion, regardless of host being in the conference or not, additional participants can dial in and enter the meeting ID and join the conference

2. Allow participants to join meeting before host and Allow participants to join teleconference before host are checked

- Even if no one joined the web portion of the meeting, you will be  able to dial in and join the teleconference portion of the meeting

-  In general, the moment any of the invited people joins the web portion  of the meeting, teleconference option is open. This is expected  behavior.

- For  any change that requires a Maintenance mode, the system will prompt you  and force you to go to Maintenance mode. These specific changes do not   require Maintenance Mode, but you will need to schedule a new test   meeting as the changes will be applicable only to newly scheduled   meetings.

--------------------------------------

- There is no way for the host to start the meeting by just dialing in to CWMS  meeting. Host key is used only in a Web session. Host can share a Host  key with another participant in order for that participant to reclaim host privilege if the actual host doesn't join the meeting.

- In version 1.5, there will be a new type of meeting introduced (Personal Conference Number - PCN). With this type of the meeting, host will have the actual Host key for audio portion of the meeting (similar to MeetingPlace)

-------------------------------------

I hope this clarifies it a little bit.

-Dejan

3 REPLIES

CWMS Join Meeting Settings

Anyone?

Cisco Employee

Hi Terry,

Can you let me know what version of CWMS you are running?

I've just tested on CWMS 1.1.1.316A (MR3), and the behavior is as follows:

1. Allow participants to join meeting before host is checked, but Allow participants to join teleconference before host is not checked

- If no one joined WebEx session of the meeting, you won't  be able to dial in, enter the meeting ID and join the meeting. The  system will report the meeting hasn't started yet

- If any  participant joins the web portion, regardless of host being in the conference or not, additional participants can dial in and enter the meeting ID and join the conference

2. Allow participants to join meeting before host and Allow participants to join teleconference before host are checked

- Even if no one joined the web portion of the meeting, you will be  able to dial in and join the teleconference portion of the meeting

-  In general, the moment any of the invited people joins the web portion  of the meeting, teleconference option is open. This is expected  behavior.

- For  any change that requires a Maintenance mode, the system will prompt you  and force you to go to Maintenance mode. These specific changes do not   require Maintenance Mode, but you will need to schedule a new test   meeting as the changes will be applicable only to newly scheduled   meetings.

--------------------------------------

- There is no way for the host to start the meeting by just dialing in to CWMS  meeting. Host key is used only in a Web session. Host can share a Host  key with another participant in order for that participant to reclaim host privilege if the actual host doesn't join the meeting.

- In version 1.5, there will be a new type of meeting introduced (Personal Conference Number - PCN). With this type of the meeting, host will have the actual Host key for audio portion of the meeting (similar to MeetingPlace)

-------------------------------------

I hope this clarifies it a little bit.

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies