Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CWMS Licensing

Hello

I am preparing to deploy WebEx meeting server for the first time but am having trouble understanding how the licensing works.

In a 50 user deployment is the maximum number of users who can join meetings at the same time, either 2 meeting with 25 users, or 5 meetings with 10 users, limited to 50? Or is 50 the limit of named users who can host meetings?

For example, could 6 named users create simultaneous meetings, then each meeting was joined by 10 users (including host) totalling 60 meeting users at that time? If possible am I correct in saying that only 6 licenses would be used in this senario?

Thanks for your help.

Gerard

• Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (CWMS) and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace - Conferencing
Everyone's tags (3)
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

CWMS Licensing

Hi Gerard,

Please refer to the system capacity tables that explain more about system size and numbers of concurrent users.

CWMS 1.5:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_5/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_0100.html

CWMS 2.0:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_0100.html

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

CWMS Licensing

Hi Dejan

Thanks for that.

But to clarify, in a 50 Concurrent Users deployment no more than 50 partipants can attend webex meetings, either a singal meeting or spread over multiple meetings, at the same time?

Is this correct?

Thanks

Gerard

Cisco Employee

CWMS Licensing

Per documentation, Gerard, that is correct.

I am not sure what would happen if a 51st person tried to join the and how the system would handle that (if it was audio+web or just audio or just web). I don't think that is clearly explained in the documentation, so I will submit a request to have this clarified in the official documentation.

-Dejan

Views
Helpful
Replies