Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CWMS upgrade path

Hello,

I have a CWMS 1.0 . which I want to upgrade to  directly to CWMS 2.0 without going to 1.5 first. Acording to the documentation that I have read, this appear to be possible.  Has anyone ever done this direct upgrade path or can anyone confirm that it is a supported upgrade path?

Also, I have a LSI Mega Raid SAS 9271-8i raid controller which can host up to 8 hard drives. right now, it has 4 hard drives. Does anyone know if  I need to buy any extra cabling or can I just plug in the new hard drives into the drive bay on my UCS C220 M3S.

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Hi,As per the Release Notes

Hi,

As per the Release Notes for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server Release 2.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Release_Notes.html#concept_3BFA2EBE3AB4424F847F3F9E2A94B329

Supported Upgrade Paths

This release of Cisco WebEx Meetings Server supports upgrades from release 1.x to 2.0 keeping the following in mind:

• An upgrade is defined as a replacement of the system to deploy major modifications that we made to the system.
  • An update is defined as an incremental modification of the system to deploy fixes and minor improvements, for example updating a system running version 1.0 to run version 1.1.
  • In both cases all of the data from the original system, except for logs and log captures, is transferred to the updated or upgraded system.
  • When upgrading, you cannot skip a FCS version of the software and go directly to a companion maintenance release (MR). You must upgrade to the most recent FCS version and then update the system to a MR version. For example, you can upgrade from release 1.0 to 2.0. If, however, you want to upgrade to release 2.0 MR, you must first upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 then update to the 2.0 MR.

HTH

Manish

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content