cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is CUCM mandantory for CWMS

ductra
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who wish to use CWMS purely for desktop sharing and control.  No audio conference is require. The client is not using CUCM for the telephony system, and they dont want CWMS to call in and dial out for audio.

Is CUCM a mandatory requirement for CWMS ?

Will Cisco support a standalone CWMS without CUCM integration ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are not going to use Teleconferencing feature of the product, and don't plan to import users from CUCM/LDAP and authenticate using CUCM/AXL, I don't see why you would need CUCM.

You just won't configure Audio section of the solution to use WebEx Audio, and instead the system will only support "Voice connection using computer" option. You won't be able to disable both types of audio conferencing feature. You must have at least one enabled, and in your case, it would most likely be "Voice connection using computer"option.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are not going to use Teleconferencing feature of the product, and don't plan to import users from CUCM/LDAP and authenticate using CUCM/AXL, I don't see why you would need CUCM.

You just won't configure Audio section of the solution to use WebEx Audio, and instead the system will only support "Voice connection using computer" option. You won't be able to disable both types of audio conferencing feature. You must have at least one enabled, and in your case, it would most likely be "Voice connection using computer"option.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan,

I have confirmation from Cisco pre-sale. CUCM is not mandatory for standalone CWMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: