Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

License Usage on CWMS Version1.5 - 50 Port Deployment without IRP

I am not able to understand how the license usage is being accounted in CWMS 1.5.

Currently  I have deployed CWMS - 50 Port without IRP. The CWMS 1.5 is integrated  with CUCM 7.X. There are 3 hosts configured on the system and the  license count is increasing for every meeting that is scheduled. The  license count increases only when the first participants joins the  meeting.

I have tested a few scenarios -

1.  I have hosted a meeting and I joined only the teleconference, Other  participants joined the meeting and the license count increased by '1'

2.  I have hosted another meeting at a different time and did not join the  meeting. Other participants joined the meeting and the license count  increased by '1'

Please Note - In both scenarios the Atendees Join before host option was checked.

I am currently refering the licenses usage scenarios posted on Cisco and has not found any resemblance.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_planningGuide_chapter_0111.html

Request your help in clarifying how the license usage counts increment.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES

License Usage on CWMS Version1.5 - 50 Port Deployment without IR

Hi Joseph,

I have the same issue with the licence counting and regarding CWMS the same deployment and version.

Do you also experiance that PCN always takes a licence count? Even if the host is not in?

I am already working with Cisco TAC and Cisco development on that issue. But until now, there is no progress.

Cisco development tried to reproduce this issue in the lab, but was not able to.

As soon as I have a solution from Cisco, I will let you know.

Or did you already fix it somehow?

Best regards

Ben

Cisco Employee

Hi Joseph and Benjamin,

I am not sure whether you have got the answer for this already, anyway, here is the explanation.

There is a defect opened for incorrect license count shown in the CWMS dashboard. You can check the defect details in the link below,

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul57521

Our development team analyzed the above defect and identified the root cause of this issue as another defect. The defect details can be seen in the link below,

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul03486

To summarize the above two defects, sometimes, the telephonic session in CWMS doesn't end correctly and stays active through out. Hence, all the meeting initiated by this user will have one simultaenous meeting always. This is the reason, for licensing count getting increased even the meeting is scheduled in different date and time.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Hari

Hi Hari,

I did create more number of users on the CWMS system which actually brought down the license counts, also currently the CWMS system is integrated with CUCM 9.1.2. I have also applied original licenses on the system last week.

I am closely monitoring the license counts and will update you on the same.

Thank you so much for your inputs.

Views
Helpful
Replies