Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Meeting Director to Meeting Director Traffic

We're looking to upgrade to MeetingPlace 8.5 wtih WebEx on Prem, and there are some on the team that are proponents of placing the Meeting Directors in the iDMZ. I see a great doc of port flows       http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_System_Requirements_for_WebEx-Scheduling_Deployments#Bandwidth_and_Latency       and I also referenced the SRND http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/confernc.html#wp1056511 and neither mention what coomunication occurs between Meeting Director and Meeting Director. I'd assume there are some type of keep-alives/health probes between the Meeting Directors for the backup to know when to take over, etc. Can anyone speak to this MD-MD communication link?

Thanks!

Mike.

• Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (CWMS) and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace - Conferencing
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

HI Mike,

The first document that you listed (http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_System_Requirements_for_WebEx-Scheduling_Deployments#Bandwidth_and_Latency) is the one that includes all the required ports needed from communication between all the components. Meeting Broker Directors communicate in regards to database replication between the two, as well as high availability, and additional functionalities. You can see that port 61080 or 61443 are being used in communication between the MBDs and Conferencing notes. Then you have port 2008 for replication and 10443 for TSPP communication between the MBDs/Conferencing nodes.port 443 from MBD to the Cloud for XML communication, and so on. No matter wher you place MBDs, it is important to have all the required ports opened between them, as well as between them and CUCM, Cloud, and other external components.

Please, let us know if further clarification is needed.

Thank you.

-Dejan

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

HI Mike,

The first document that you listed (http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_System_Requirements_for_WebEx-Scheduling_Deployments#Bandwidth_and_Latency) is the one that includes all the required ports needed from communication between all the components. Meeting Broker Directors communicate in regards to database replication between the two, as well as high availability, and additional functionalities. You can see that port 61080 or 61443 are being used in communication between the MBDs and Conferencing notes. Then you have port 2008 for replication and 10443 for TSPP communication between the MBDs/Conferencing nodes.port 443 from MBD to the Cloud for XML communication, and so on. No matter wher you place MBDs, it is important to have all the required ports opened between them, as well as between them and CUCM, Cloud, and other external components.

Please, let us know if further clarification is needed.

Thank you.

-Dejan

Dejan,

Thanks for the response. Then primary and backup Meeting Directors do NOT talk directly to each other? How does the architecture know that the primary MD is down and to use backup? Is it just that the Conferencing Server, when gettiing a SIP INVITE from CUCM, and it reaches out to the MBD but can't reach the primary MBD so teh MB Agent on the conferencing node simply falls back to the backup MBD?

I might be looking for something that is not there, but just assume the two Meeting Directors must be talking to each other directly.

Thanks for clarifying!

Mike.

Cisco Employee

Re: Meeting Director to Meeting Director Traffic

Hi Mike,

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The MBDs definitely talk to each other just on different ports for different things like (61080, 61443, 10443, 2008, etc.).

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Views
Helpful
Replies