Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Meeting Place 8.5 Authentication users fails

Hi all,

My customer have installed The Meeting Place 8.5 and have problem whit the authentication of the users.

They have configured the Directory Service, for import users and use the Meeting Place Conference manager to Schedule the Meetings.

When try to intro to the Conference Managers with a Directory Service user, receive an error "Wrong user ID and password combination"

The user Profile exist in the MP.

I attach some screens.

Please I need your help.

Thanks a lot

Guillermo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

If they assign them Attendant

If they assign them Attendant privilege, they should be able to log in regardless if they were created locally or imported from CUCM.

-Dejan

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Guillermo, MeetingPlace

Hi Guillermo,

MeetingPlace Conference Manager is meant for users with Attendant or System Manager privileges on the system. Regular End users are not allowed to use Conference Manager and shouldn't be allowed. The same is observed when trying to log in to the Administration Center web interface of MP Application server. Only local user profiles can log in.

Is there a reason why the end users don't use MeetingPlace Outlook plug-in to schedule meetings via their Microsoft Outlook clients?

Here you can find more information about Conference Manager: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_5/english/books/admin_doc_compilation/mp85_admin_documentation/meetingmanager_install.html

As for scheduling via Outlook, you can find more information here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_5/english/books/admin_doc_compilation/mp85_admin_documentation/outlook_integration.html

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan, My customer import

Hi Dejan,

My customer import the End User from The Directory Service and Needsome users, can create and manage the meetings using the conference manager.

So is possible that this users can have the privileges to use the Conference Manager when are imports from Directory service?

Regards,

Guillermo

Cisco Employee

If they assign them Attendant

If they assign them Attendant privilege, they should be able to log in regardless if they were created locally or imported from CUCM.

-Dejan

Views
Helpful
Replies