cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place 8.5 Calling Webex participants for Audio

tknapp
Level 1
Level 1

I have MP8.5 intergration with Webex and Users are managed by Webex.

The Application Server is set up for Audio only.  Users are synced up with Webex.

MP is set up as the audio controller for WebEx meetings.

Users that log into Webex for a meeting are asked to either dial in or have WebEx do a call back using the MP AS.

Users who dial in get to the MP AS and can be seen using the audio, Audio meeting works fine.  Users who try and use WebEx call back are not getting called.  When users are asked to put in their call back number the Webex prompt is forcing USA (or anyother dial plan) and this is causing a "1" to be prefixed to the number the user wants called.  The MP AS is integrated with a CUCM across a SIP trunk.  The internal users all have to dial "9" to access a outside line.

I have two questions.

How do I force the Webex to stop prefixing the "1" to numbers it is calling?

When the AS tries to call out to users, how do I get it to prefix a "9" so it can dial out of my system?

As always any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

7 Replies 7

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

WebEx uses E164 phone numbers so it will always include the 1 (Country Code).  There is no way to change that on WebEx and this is what is passed MP.  What you need to do is have CUCM setup the number they way it is needed.  One option is to do this in the SIP Trunk configuration for MP.

Hope this helps

John

Hello,

I have the same problem.

I cannot make internal call-back (to my Directory number) from the WebEx

There are some countries (including mine) that are not in the WebEx call back menu, even if I have control of the my MP and CUCM.

And the E164 is ot fullfilled. If i want to call another number.

Regards,

Antra

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

You could use a translation pattern on CUCM to remove the 1 from

the digits coming from the MeetingPlace application servers.  This

translation pattern would be a 1.XXXXXXXXXX with discard pre-dot.

WebEx controlled profiles do not push any information down to

MeetingPlace that would govern how the number is being dialed as the

dial string is generated when the WebEx pop-up appears asking for the

number to outdial.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

Tim Passinos
Level 1
Level 1

After talking to 15 different Cisco and Webex people, I finally got my internal dial back. I dont understand why the information is not commonly known.

Try this contact: lajpapp@cisco.com Louie Papp

Hi Tim,

Wow, until I read your post I didn't know internal call-back was an option. Did you have to specifically ask WebEx to enable this feature for you on the back-end?

Thx,

Frank

HI Frank and all,

This is a new option "Enable internal call-back teleconferencing" became available with WebEx Site version T28.1 and above. To have this option available you need the following:

1. Your WebEx site must be on T28.1 or above version level

2. Your Cisco WebEx Customer Success Manager must request this option to be provisioned for your WebEx Site

3. Once provisioned, you need to check the option on your WebEx Site configuration

4. Then you need to follow these steps to enable it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_5/english/administration/webex_integration.html#wp1215541

This is relatively new, and customers that had MP and WebEx integrated before didn't have that option available until recently.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Many thanks for the info. I managed to get this option from my CSM some time ago, but have yet to set it up. Looks promising though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: