Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MeetingPlace 7.2 - Yes, use my reservationless ID ("Profile ID")

Hello,

I am experiencing a little issue, when scheduling MeetingPlace from Outlook plugin. Some users would like to use their profile ID as the Audio Bridge ID, but when they select "Yes, use my reservationless ID (123456)" The "Max number of participants" & "Meeting password" become grayed out, and users are unable to select their password and increase the number of participants. 

When the initial the the Audio Bridge from a phone, it will give the option to select PIN code for the meeting, which is exactly what I want but with outlook. 

Phone Dialing

Calling our company MeetingPlace number - (555)-555-5555

select 2# - to initiate an instant meeting

Profile number followed by the # key - 123456 #

Enter the profile PIN followed by the # key - 123456 # 

Participants will need a password to enter the meeting -  Bride PIN - 11111# 

Meeting started

In this case I will have bridge ID as 123456 and Bridge PIN 11111

Any idea? 

Screenshot of the Outlook attached 

Thank you

Honza

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Hi Honza, When you are

Hi Honza,

When you are scheduling a meeting using Reservationless ID, the meeting is not actually scheduled on MeetingPlace side. In Outlook, you will have a Calendar event created, and the notification body will be populated with information about the meeting ID and time of the meeting, but no meeting is actually scheduled on the server side. The host of the meeting will have to dial into the system and start a reservationless meeting by following the TUI options (2# etc.). This is the reason why you cannot set any ports (maximum number of participants). Reservationless meetings by design use default number of ports configured for an audio meeting (System Configuration > Meeting Configuration > Default number of ports per audio meeting.

As for the password setting, this is a design limitation. As I've mentioned, when you schedule a meeting in outlook using Reservationless ID, no meeting is actually scheduled on MeetingPlace and the host will have to start a reservationless meeting at the time of the meeting manually via TUI. If the meeting password is required, the host will have to set it at that time. Hence, you can't specify the password during the scheduling process in Outlook. As a workaround, they can possibly specify it in the Subject field of the notification and ensure that what they put there they actually use as a password when they start the meeting.

I hope this will help clarify the expected behavior.

-Dejan

Views
Helpful
Replies