Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MeetingPlace 8.5.3 + WebEx Saas

We recently implemented MeetingPlace 8.5.3 + WebEx Saas (with WebEx driven scheduling). MP is on a Cisco UCS-C210M2-VCD2. It is working really well so far, except we are experiencing occassional audio quality issues over the WAN when users are dialing into MeetingPlace. Basically, the user across the WAN at the remote site will hear choppy audio occassionally during a conference call. Sometimes it is even noticed when the call first starts up - i.e. it has been noticed that the first MeetingPlace greeting can get choppy at times. Users at the main site do not experience any problems with audio quality fom MP. From what I can tell the configuration in CUCM (7.1.3) and MP is fine.

I also opened a case with TAC, but I thought I would throw it out here for some input.

We are coming from using MPE 2.1.1.2 for a conferencing solution and we never experienced any audio quality issues with this system. What makes it even more confusing is that we do not experience audio quality issues anywhere else across the network with other applications (we use CUCM, CUC, UCCX, CUPS, CUE). It is only happening with MP. Bandwidth is within acceptable ranges.

Has anyone else expereicned isues like this with MP? Anywhere else I could look at to troubleshoot this?

If you need more info, let me know.

Many thanks!

8 REPLIES

MeetingPlace 8.5.3 + WebEx Saas

We got this resolved. Switched the MP server to HQ mode, rather than HC mode, and the choppy audio from across the WAN (i.e. G.729) went away.

Re: MeetingPlace 8.5.3 + WebEx Saas

Hi Frank,

Did this require a reboot?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

We are getting similar complaints from remote sites. Users complain that regular ipphone and communicator calls work fine but some of their webex calls are choppy. I would like to try this out if you give some info on impact.

Thanks,
GB

Hi GB,

Changing the media mode on the MP server to HQ mode did not require a reboot. I did it before main business hours just to be on the safe side, but there was no impact.

If you can post back your results, I'd be curious if it resolves your issue.

- Frank

Thanks, did you find any docs around what this setting does? The app server help page wasnt too informative.

HQ mode basically allows for the use of other audio codecs: G.711, G.722, G.729 + some additional audio features like noise cancellation, LEC, etc.

It's pretty much summed up under Voice Quality Information for the Express Media Server:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_Planning_to_Install_Your_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_System#Voice_Quality_Information_for_the_Express_Media_Server

I just realized that this setting might not apply in our case as we have installed our system to use a hardware media server.

I raised a tac case and they confirmed that this setting applies even if you have a hardware media server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content