cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express 2.1.1.2 max participants

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

I'm new to meetingplace and I've been looing at the admin panel and ssh of the server to figure out:

1.  How can I determine the max participants per conference? 

2.  Do I just consider the voiceconf number of 40 as the max number of participants no matter the mix of meeting?

3.  How do continous meeting effect the voiceconf number usage? Do they reserver ports if zero participants are in the meeting?

Any guidance will help.  Thank you.

[mpxadmin@mpxvoice mpxadmin]$ checklic

License Summary:

Voice    =  40; raw # =  40;   MaxVoice = 120; raw # = 120;   Web      =   6; raw # =   6;   MaxWeb   = 120; raw # = 120;   Video      =   6; raw # =   0;   MaxVideo   =   6; raw # =   0;   MaxAdhoc =   6; raw # =   0;  MaxStd =   6; raw # =   0;  StdVoiceConf =   6; raw # =   0;  StdVideoConf =   6; raw # =   0;  StdVoiceUpg =   0;  StdVideoUpg =   0;  WebPrem =   0;  SecondaryServers =   0;  Languages=   0; raw # =   0;  Exchange =   0; raw # =   0;********

[mpxadmin@mpxvoice mpxadmin]$

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

The max calls in a conference is a system setting and is not affected except for the high end by your licenses.  Think the default was 5.

The maxvoice is the total number of license that can be used for scheduled and reservationless audio meetings.  Voiceconf is the concurrent limit of scheduled voice calls.  This is the limit for all callers in one or more concurrent schedule meeting.

Continues meetings use up (reserve) voice licenses even when they are not used as they can be used at any time.  So if you have 1 continues meeting with 5 participants then you only have 35 concurent scheduled voice calls left.

Hope this helps

John

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

The max calls in a conference is a system setting and is not affected except for the high end by your licenses.  Think the default was 5.

The maxvoice is the total number of license that can be used for scheduled and reservationless audio meetings.  Voiceconf is the concurrent limit of scheduled voice calls.  This is the limit for all callers in one or more concurrent schedule meeting.

Continues meetings use up (reserve) voice licenses even when they are not used as they can be used at any time.  So if you have 1 continues meeting with 5 participants then you only have 35 concurent scheduled voice calls left.

Hope this helps

John

That sounds good.

We have several continous meetings set up some with 2 participants all the way up to 6.  So that would be the reason a 15 person confernce kicked off and only 10 users were able to get in.  Along with the fact the meeting started at 4pm and there were two other meetings going at the same time.

I'll have to look at each continous meeting.  And check the numbers.  I want to provide a answer to the client/end user as to why all 15 of the participants was not able to join the call.

Thanks!

Also check your floater and overbook ports.  Overbook ports could be set to high to allow you to schedule the meeting when ports are not available. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: