Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Not all keypresses getting through to secondary PCAnywhere or NetMeeting remote sessions when using Webex to a 'jump server'

I hope that this is the correct place to ask this question...

I set up a Webex Support Session to the client's laptop (i.e. jump server), and can control this perfectly well - which is always pleasing.

On the client's laptop, I then open up a secondary remote control session to their servers using either PCA or NetMeeting.

The secondary session opens fine, and I can control the mouse pointer on the (very) remote machine, and I can use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Backspace, perhaps Enter, but none of the A..Z, 0..9 keys work. :-(

Think I have come across this before with a secondary RDP (MSTSC) session also.

Clearly without a fully working keyboard, the remote session isn't as useful as it could be. :-(

My only thought is that that keyboard layouts may be to blame - I'm guessing that that the client's laptop (i.e. jump server) is perhaps Chinese-capable - and perhaps in the RDP case, it may also have been non-English.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Not all keypresses getting through to secondary PCAnywhere or Ne

Hi Mike,

Can you set the keyboard and language settings to be the same on jump server, your machine and the RDP machine? If this doesn't resolve the issue, you can try to capture some logs using webex tracer and see if you can find anything there.

Regards,

Hari

Re: Not all keypresses getting through to secondary PCAnywhere o

Hi Hari,

It would not be permitted to change the keyboard and language settings on the (very) remote server; however, they are the same as my machine.

The user on the Jump Server might not be too happy changing keyboard / language setting... might be able to try if I asked kindly...

Regards,

Mike

Did ask the remote engineer to change the keyboard setings on the Jump Server before the Webex session started - don't know if it actually happened or not as had to get on with the job. Keyboard didn't work properly on (very) remote server.

After this session, I now know that Ctrl+E, Ctrl+R keys also get through okay to the (very) remote server. Just missing the 'normal' keys.

Mike

Hello everybody.
We've got exactly the same problem in our company : we often start WEBEX sessions with our customers, and when we start a remote windows session (MSTSC) into the webex session, we are unable to use the keyboard.

Thanks for your help,

Laurent

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content