Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Please suggest me for video solutions.

I have included

1. CUCM ,VCS 

2. Cisco Meeting Server

3. Teleprecenses

What about solutions for capture and live streaming? Content server is EOS.

please what is the replacement for Cisco content server.

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Replacement for TelePresence Content Server is Cisco Meeting Server, see Product Migration Options at the bottom of eos-eol-notice-c51-738191.

The Cisco TelePresence Content Server is reaching its end-of-sale date. Customers looking for migration information should refer to the Cisco Meeting Server with a recording option. Existing customers can migrate from the appliance to a virtual edition product part number RVMTCSMIGK9.

Cisco Meeting Server can record and live stream conferences, however it requires a standards based streaming server to view them, Cisco supports VBrick Rev for use with CMS, but can be used with other third-party solutions.

Hi Thanks,

I am proposing Cisco Meeting Server 2000 (The Cisco Meeting Server 2000 is a preconfigured Cisco UCS).

is VBrick Rev required while Cisco Meeting Server 2000 is included?

please make me clear?

Hi VBrick Rev is required for live streaming for outside internal network,

1. Can i go with VBrick DME for live streaming that users able to watch anywhere in the internal network?

2.  is CMS enough to manage cisco telepresence Endpoint and to scheduling instead of Cisco TelePresence Management Suite-TMS?

3. is Cisco TelePresence Conductor required? I think CMS consists features of Cisco TelePresence Conductor.

Please confirm.

CMS, no matter the platform, requires an external streaming server for recording and live stream playback.  You don't have to use VBrick Rev, but it is the Cisco supported streaming platform.

TMS is used for scheduling and endpoint management, as CMS doesn't included either of these functions.

Conductor isn't required, it's only required with TelePresence Server.

So I am undertanding that solutions for video conference solutions

CMS with platform 

TMS 

Are enough?

We don't want to use for external live streaming. but we want to use live streaming and play back for internal network.

Even for streaming internal only, you still require a streaming server.  You don't have to use VBrick Rev, that is just what's officially supported by Cisco, you can use any standards based streaming solution that can ingest the MP4 recording files and use RTMP for the live stream.

You will require a call control server, such as CUCM, VCS, or Expressway - unless you plan on the endpoints being standalone and not registered to anything.  If this is video only, than you should probably consider either the VCS or Expressway, both platforms are basically the same, the only difference is the licensing of the server and features of each.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: