Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT:CWMS integration Question

Rajiv Lal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I have a query regarding CWMS integration with CUCM.

Customer wants to have 2 separate CWMS integrations with same CUCM cluster.He will be using 2 Admin and 2 User URLS.

Question is, is this integration possible with the same CUCM Cluster ?

Reason is, he got 3 UCS 220M3 boxes and wants to use 2 of them in HA mode and 1 as standalone integration with same CUCM cluster.

Please note the UCS that customer got is compatible for 250 user deployment only and he has purchased 2, 250 licenses so total 500 Licenses.

Idea is to have 2 UCS in HA mode and the third one standalone but all integrated with same CUCM cluster.

This is pretty urgent.

Kindly provide your expert advice.

Regards

Rajiv

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rajiv,

Will these two separate CWMS systems have two different dial-in numbers? Will these two separate systems have the same user base (will you be integrating them with LDAP over CUCM using AXL)?

In theory, there is no limitation on number of CWMS solutions you can have with a single CUCM cluster. You would have different Route Patterns, SIP trunks, etc. for each of the systems.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rajiv,

Will these two separate CWMS systems have two different dial-in numbers? Will these two separate systems have the same user base (will you be integrating them with LDAP over CUCM using AXL)?

In theory, there is no limitation on number of CWMS solutions you can have with a single CUCM cluster. You would have different Route Patterns, SIP trunks, etc. for each of the systems.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes these will be 2 separate systems and will have 2 different dial in numbers.

Regarding user integration currently manual addition of users in webex systems will be done.

Regards

Rajiv

Then, Rajiv, you should be all set. There are no limitations for this.

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan !!!

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rajiv, Dejan,

Quick one if I am not misunderstanding anything. For 250 User system dont we need 2 UCS for standalone and 4 servers for full resilience as IRP can't be co-resident? Unless customer doesn't want the internet access(IRP).

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Dejan. If you dont mind just a quick one, looking to deploy a co-resident Vcenter for 250 user system. The part number VMW-VC5-STD-1A I believe is sold per instance of VCenter or is there any limit how many hosts can be managed from it. Just wanted to confirm for a fully resilent 250 user system I would just need one license and not more.

Terry

Hi Terry,

vCenter license itself will just enable you to use vCenter (1 license is fine). However, the amount of hosts you can manage with it is defined by VMware vSphere licenses which you get on per CPU Core basis. hence, depending on your hardware, you will need as many of these licenses as many CPU cores you have. You can get these licenses in these two ways:

• Buy vSphere directly from Cisco on the GPL (Global Price List). Cisco is an approved VMware partner and distributor. This is convenient for those who "want everything from a single vendor".
  • Purchase vSphere  directly from VMware, through enterprise agreements you have directly with VMware.

If you need an estimate of the CPU cores you might have for 250 user system with HA and IRP, you can reference this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_System_Requirements_chapter_00.html#reference_249B138B71324D19B09141D3849EC058

I hope this helps you.

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan +5. Just wanted to confirm only one license is needed per instance.

However, my understanding on the Vsphere license was its sold per socket and not per core. Can you please double check as I am pretty much sure its per physical CPU.

Thanks very muh for your help much appreciated.

Terry

Hi Terry,

I was doing some checks, and it looks like you are correct. For vSphere 5 and later, license are per Physical CPU / Socket (Unlimited Cores):

http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/compare.html

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vsphere_pricing.pdf

Thank you for pointing that out. I had a little bit dated info.

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan for the information. +5

Much appreciated.

Terry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: