Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT: CWMS with F5 supported?

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

All,

We are about to implement  CWMS HA solution for a customer and the customer has security concerns regarding implementing IRP UCS blades in DMZ because they don’t have dedicated DMZ UCS chassis which means DMZ IRP blades will need to reside on internal production UCS chassis even though DMZ vlan is different from internal vlan. Can you please advise if we can leverage F5 between external firewall and IRP blades? So WebEx Public URL will NAT to F5 VIP which in turn will map to CWMS Public VIP. Is this a supported scenario?

I don’t see any mention of F5 in CWMS documentation so I understand Cisco probably hasn’t tested CWMS with F5 but I wanted to confirm if CWMS and F5 is a supported design or not.

Would appreciate if someone from Cisco could confirm either way.

Thanks
Aamir

1 Reply 1

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aamir,

F5 definitely hasn't been tested and hence it is not officially supported. Only supported scenarios are documented in the Planning Guide:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/2_0/Planning_Guide/Planning_Guide_chapter_01.html

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: