cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vanilla MCS-7835-I3 V03 for WebEx on Prem 8.5?

Michael Mertens
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to make absolutely sure, and get someone else's verification for this. We're going to upgrade to CUMP 8.5 with WebEx on-prem shceduling. I have an unused MCS-7835-I3 V03 that I'd like to deploy for our WebEx Node for MCS (which has a single Intel5504 Quad-core, 2 Ghz Processor, 2x146HDD and 4 GB RAM. I believe this should be supported, even though it isn't a MCS-7835-I3-RC1 as called out in the hardware matrix:underneath "Cisco WebEx Node for MCS Requirements". I'm good, correct? I appreciate the validation of what almost seems obvious, but I just can't afford to wrongly assume either. THANKS!

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_Hardware_Requirements#Cisco_WebEx_Node_for_MCS_Requirements

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Michael,

This serial number shows as MCS-7835-I3-IPC1 which shows that your server has the same spec as RC1 and is supported.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Officially, we can say only MCS 7835-I3-RC1 is supported (per documentation you've listed above).

The processor type, HDD spec and 4GB RAM that you listed, falls under 7835-I3-RC1 specification and theoretically should work and I believe it will (you'll know once you try installing the node). However, the product itself was tested and approved only for MCS 7835-I3-RC1.

What exactly might be different, I am not sure. I looked at the specification for 7835-I3-RC1 in this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/data_sheet_c78-564635.html

and overall I believe your server should fit these requirements and work.

Finally, keep in mind that if something goes wrong and you reach out to TAC for support, having an unsupported server (per documentation) might be a problem. If you got this server from Cisco and have a serial number, I can check to see how we see this server in our database. Maybe we will see it as RC1, but if not, TAC might not be able to support you in case of an issue.

-Dejan

Dejan, I definitely appreciate the input, and understand your points. I believe this was originally ordered as a generic I3. The serial# is KQ22P0G. I'll run it by my local Cisco UCC SE and see what she can come up with.

Thanks for the input again.

Mike.

Hi Michael,

This serial number shows as MCS-7835-I3-IPC1 which shows that your server has the same spec as RC1 and is supported.

-Dejan

Dejan,

Thanks so much for all the help on this.

Mike.