Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEX Meeting Server ESXi Support

Have a customer that is currently running a Meeting Place server and it looks like we will have to be doing an upgrade/migration to Webex Meeting Server going forward.

Question is that that what I am seeing in the release notes for both Meeting PLace and Meeting Server, the highest version of ESXi that is supported is 5.1 which seems kind of old.

Two questions:

1) Will it work in a ESXi 5.5 environment?

2) When will there be support for ESXi 5.5?

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard

1) Sure - but if you have any problems, you risk not being able to get support from TAC if it's not on the list..

2) I wouldn't want to guess, or predict. 

CWMS takes a lot of hardware and you will most likely be running dedicated nodes for it, so running a slightly older version of VMware probably won't be too much of an issue. You can still add 5.1 to a 5.5 vCenter etc etc.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Richard, ESXi 5.5 will be supported in Cisco WebEx Meetings Server 2.5 which is scheduled for release some time in September. You can monitor cisco.com and when the upgrade file becomes available, then you will be able to order full CWMS 2.5 OVA installation file via Product Upgrade Tool. Kind regards, Dejan

Dejan,

Do you know the release date for CWMS 2.5? I need to install new CWMS for a client in the next week or two and the client has ESXi 5.5.

Thanks

Aamir

Hi Aamir,

There is no official date set yet, but I expect it sometime around end of September/early October.

-Dejan 

Hi Dejan,

Just wondering if there is any update on release date for 2.5 ?

My customer is running into CSCuj26405 and is not happy about the workaround to use personal conferencing for passwords. Do you what version of CWMS has or will have fix for this specific defect?

Thanks
Aamir

Hi Aamir,

We are expecting it any day now. We didn't get a firm date yet. As for the enhancement you've specified, it is still in Assigned state and not Resolved state. I believe portions of the enhancement might be coming with 2.5, but I am not 100% sure about audio portion of the meeting being password protected. We'll know for sure once the product is released and all the documentation is available.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: