Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WebEx web audio issues

Hi,

Can someone help resolve a problem with web audio streaming?

I’m a guest in a regular daily WebEx meeting.

We’ve done extensive tests, and find the streaming rate between us is good enough for great video streaming in both directions.

But we have big problems with sound if I try to take part via web audio, so end up using telephone callback for my contribution.

The problem is thus: I hear the meeting and all contributors perfectly when I am participating by web audio.  But when I try to talk, they say I sound like I am in a swimming pool.  I’ve tried with headset mic on PC, Samsung Galaxy S5 built in microphone connected as web audio, also Plantronics top of the line noise cancelling headset through an Android device, and have now hit a brick wall.

When I switch to the phone callback option, I am clear to them, but can barely hear them as it's a big room, and the audio gets compressed so much to be squeezed down a phone line.  I end up asking for clarifications, or miss things that are said.

It is frustrating to have to choose between being understood, whilst not understanding, versus understanding whilst not being understood!!

There is a theory that it's just a problem with WebEx's audio codec that is experienced by all your users, but I think it may be a problem with the configuration. 

My -hunch- is that the way it is set up means when I start talking via web connection, WebEx thinks someone in the meeting room is speaking, so cuts the loudspeaker at their end.  The problem seems to get worse the longer I talk.

I have no idea why this is not the case when I contribute by phone, but hope that an expert out there, can help us figure it out.

I've tried having a phone to contribute and a web connection to listen, but because I'm hearing myself on the web a second or so behind me talking on the phone, it is horribly difficult, and seems unnecessarily complicated to take part like that.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!

J

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content