cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1 Agent and Desktop Profile, 2 ICD extensions?

scott.crace
Level 1
Level 1

I'm researching the possibility of having 2 ICD extension(s) under one device profile and agent desktop login.

We are using CM 4.1 and IPCC Express 4.0(4). Agents login using extension mobility and use Cisco agent desktop. Agents are using 7940G phones.

The reasoning is to allow calls to reach a primary line on the tier 1 group (DN/ICD line 1), if all are busy go to a secondary team of agents, and if they are all busy go to the secondary line on the tier 1 group.

Any possible solutions for meeting the same criteria would be appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies 3

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

you cannot have an agent login to two ACD extensions on a phone.

one of the reasons is that an agent can only login to IPCC with a single 'instrument' aka ACD line/phone. and the agent can have only one CAD desktop opened on a PC at a time.

it may be better for your callers and administration to have calls come into Tier1, if no answer, ring Tier2. if still no answer, queue the call to where a Tier1 and/or Tier2 can get it when they are available.

one benefit of this is that the caller will not continually be 'transfered' from phone to phone, listening to rings until someone answers. callers usually stand for 3-4 rings and then at least a queue where hold music or the likes is played. they do not like to hear ring, ring, ring, then a transfer and then ring, ring, ring again, then another transfer and ring, ring, ring again....until the call is answered. chances are good they'll have hung up by the 4th ring, ring, ring, ring.

"it may be better for your callers and administration to have calls come into Tier1, if no answer, ring Tier2. if still no answer, queue the call to where a Tier1 and/or Tier2 can get it when they are available."

The calls currently do this but the pool of tier2 resources is going to be changed to a group of managers. The managers want, if they are not available, the secondary line to ring on the tier 1 agents phone.

The agent will then be instructed to put their current caller on hold, advise the new caller that they will be with them shortly, and hang up if the original caller is a non-critical issue.

The obvious result of this is to double the number of agents (real or virtual) without the doubling of live bodies.

My first response was that it couldn't be done based on my experience in our environment. But I thought perhaps I wasn't approaching it from the correct angle.

I have run into something similar and used the queues to manage the ?3? groups. Initial call queues for Tier 1. If no agents are avail after XX sec/min, the calls are escalated to Tier 2. Based on settings (not avail, not logged in, XX time in queue) the call is redirected to a hunt group ? the Tier 1 DID?s (not the ICD). You lose some tracking once is it redirected, but I haven?t found anything else that will accomplish this.