Views
Helpful
Replies

4.0(1)SR1 - change prompt management to G729

gboulle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know what is the best way to change the prompt management from G711 to G729 on IPCC express server in 4.0(1)SR1 ?

Does anyone have a feedback regarding this step ?

Regards,

Guillaume

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The easiest way is to use CallManager MOH Audio Transator Service, simply place the files in the DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere folder, and you will get among others g729 files under the TFTP folder. Simply copy them and rename into the Prompt directory.

Please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The easiest way is to use CallManager MOH Audio Transator Service, simply place the files in the DropMOHAudioSourceFilesHere folder, and you will get among others g729 files under the TFTP folder. Simply copy them and rename into the Prompt directory.

Please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris,

I know this way to create prompt in G729 format. My question was too large and not precise enought :

Do I need to re-install CRS 4.0 and activate g729 prompt management in oder to obtain crs forwading prompt rtp streams using g729 codec ?

If yes, will I loose my records in the CCD table ?

Regards,

Guillaume

Yes. You will need to reinstall and select the G729 codec. Thatz what I had to do in versions 3.5.X and below. You will not lost anything with the reinstall. Everything will stay. But Always ensure that you have a good backup before you do any type of reinstall.

Here are cisco notes for an older version. If you cannot find this info for 4.0.X version anywhere, then contact the TAC for the answer.

What codecs does Cisco Customer Response Applications (CRA) support?

A. These codecs are supported by the associated CRA version:

* CRA 2.2.x only supports G.711 u-law.

* Customer Response Solution (CRS) releases up to and including 3.0(2) support G.711 encoding only (a-law and u-law).

* CRS release 3.1(x) also supports G.729 Annex A (G.729A) encoding.

o Any CRS 3.1(x) system can have either G.711 or G.729 Annex A (G.729A), but not both.

o Any CRS 3.1(x) system installed that wishes to change to the other encoding must perform a reinstall of the entire system.

* Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR)/Text-to-Speech (TTS) does not work with G.729 Annex A (G.729A) codec. The G.729 Annex A (G.729A) and ASR/TTS are mutually exclusive.

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

I think that you need to reinstall IPCC Express to change from G.711 to G.729 or viveversa. I have to do that in a customer one month ago and it works.

It doesn´t take a long time

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: