Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

4.0(4) High Availability / Standby Server

Does anyone know where I can find some good documentatation on implementing a 2-server high availability / standby model? I have an existing 4.0(4) server in production and I want to add another server for high availability. I need to know if I need to get another license? Can I use a smaller server as the standby server? How does replication work?

Thanks for your help.

Doug

3 REPLIES

Re: 4.0(4) High Availability / Standby Server

You can check the SRND for the IPCC Express 4.0.4.You need to get the High availabilty licence for the active / Standby.You can use smaller server as the standby server.yOu also need to use SQL Server which takes care of replication not MSDE.Please rate.

Thanks and Regards

Madhu

I didn't see anywhere within the SRND that mentions that you can use a smaller standby server. Can you help direct me to the correct location?

Thanks.

For the SQL Server, you will need the MSSQL disk from Cisco. Contact your account manager to obtain the HA license and SQL disk. You can not just use a non-Cisco Microsoft SQL.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content