Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4 digit and 8 digit dial

IPCC-x 3.5

I have a Auto Attendant script that collects 4 digits for the ext number. I now need to have the AA collect 4 or 8 digits.

What I have now is:

AA, dial 4 digits, redirects to ext. If you dial 7 it waits for the interdigit timeout and then the step fails to a personel directory.

What I need is:

AA, dial 4 digit or 8 digit, redirect to ext. Still need to keep the 7 for personell directory.

I have tried the Get Digit String to collect 8 digits. The 8 digit ext work but the 4 digit fail and vise versa.

What would be the best way to collect 4 and 8 digit for the ext? (my work around is to collect 4 digits. Have digit 5 redirect to another get digit string, then dial 8 digits.)

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 4 digit and 8 digit dial

How about telling the caller to press # after entering the extension?

By default # is the terminating character, so if someone enters 4 digits and # the call should go through and if someone enters 10 digits it will go through as well.

Chris

Thanks for the response. I thought of the # as a terminating key but we are using # for another function.

This was a thought I had today. Is there a way to collect 4 digits then add a set number to the end of it. Example: Caller dials 8123 and the AA script puts 5000 behind it so the result is 81235000 which is then dialed. The fist 4 digits would be variable, the last 4 digits would always be 5000. I would only need this if the digits start with 8.

If this is possible could you please provide an example of how to do it.

Thanks

Trae

Here is an example, this script will collect 10 digits, if it times out (user did not enter 10 digits), then it concatenates the collected digits with static variable (5000) and redirects the call. If it does get 10 digits it redirects the call to the number.

Keep in mind that the script does not perform any check for how many digits were infact collected, so if it's not 4 or 10 the call will fail.

You can use the Java steps to figure out how many digits were collected and possible re-prompt the caller to try again.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Thanks for the sample. I understand what you are doing and that helped. But I am having to use an "if' statement since I have other options like 7 = directory, 6 = certain call center.

When I collect 4 digits and it is unsuccessful, I send it to an "if" statement. I then need a "if (digit == 8xxx) Then". I would then want to do a "Set digit = digit + "5000". So the result is 81235000 or 845675000 (the first 4 digits is whatever someone dialed).

Thanks

Trae

So, are you all set?

Chris

Not yet. This is what I am trying to do.

Call AA script, collect 4 digits, if digit is 2xxx then route call to ext. If digit is 7 route to directory, if digit is 6 route to cust. care, if digit is 8xxx then add 5000 to the end and route to 8xxx5000 (x can be anything.)

The only thing I do not have working is the 8xxx part. I used a "if" statement but I am not sure how to get it to recognize 8xxx and then add 5000 at the end.

Thanks for you help. I am just having a hard time putting this in words.

Trae

Ok, this script will show you the required logic, you need to use JAVA step to extrapolate the first digit and see if it's "8", and then concatenate with 5000.

With CRS 4.0+ it's a little easier, but this will work as well.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Thanks. That helped.

Trae

Views
Helpful
Replies