Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7835 IPCC Express Queue Limit, 7845 Hardware Upgrade?

Curently we have a two MCS-7835 (HA) Servers Running IPCC Express 4.0(5) which limits us to 25 queues. We have recieved 2 MCS-7845 Servers that we would like to install to allow us to build the 75 queues that we now need. The question is if we follow the hardware replacement proceedure, and do the restore from BARS to these new and different 7845 servers, will we still be limited to 25 queues by something in the restore process or would that increase.

2 REPLIES

Re: 7835 IPCC Express Queue Limit, 7845 Hardware Upgrade?

Just a guess so take it for what its worth until somebody can provide you with an absolute. I would think that your limit is detected/enforced by the product installed on the server, IE UCCX 4.0(5) in this case. If you want a firm answer though I would start a TAC case, they can nail it down for you.

I could be wrong but I wouldn't think this would be something that would be restored in a BARS restore. Have you looked to make sure its not a licensing thing?

Re: 7835 IPCC Express Queue Limit, 7845 Hardware Upgrade?

Thanks for the reply,, I did open a TAC case yesterday, but the reply I got back just said that the new 7845 will support 150 Queues, and that it should work after the restore, but with no specifics as to why it should. I don't think that the licensing is the limitation, and in the 7835 will currently allow you to build more that 25 queues, but they just will not come active.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content