Views
Helpful
Replies

A couple MOH questions

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, two MOH questions.

First, I believe with UCCX it's possible to announce the expected wait time? How does that work with MOH? Does it just periodically announce the wait time on top of MOH?

Also, anybody have any examples of external MOH sources they are using? I'm looking for something simple, but legal (I assume I can't just play any music I want). So far I found a couple satellite radio providers, and also www.dynamicmedia-us.com.

3 Replies 3

Chawki Salhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It is indeed possible of announcing the EWT with IPCCX. Actually, what you will do to announce it is the following: in the IPCCX callflow scripts, you will generate a message with the EWT, play it and then put the call on hold for a certain period (for instance 30sec).After the MOH, you will have to replay the EWT announcement in your script. This is typically a loop in the script.

The MOH can either be played by the CM (to do that you have to use the steps Hold, delay and then unhold) or by the IPCCX. In the second case, you just store an audio prompt in IPCC as the others and play it in the script.

Hope it helps!

Chawki

Very helpful Chawki, thank you, +5

Anybody have any examples of MOH vendors/systems for the CM?

Hi, me again :)

The MOH are directly configured on the CM. You don't need any external application.

Normally, with the CCM software, you receive a CD with other Musics on hold. If you don't have it, I think you can download some from the Cisco website.

Regards,

Chawki

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: