cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Abandoned calls on closed greetings - ICM 7

dgonzo715
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with abandonments being caused when a call comes into the script on a non working day and plays the closed greeting. If the greeting completes and the call is released, we are fine (no abandonment recorded). IF the caller hangs up during the greeting, the call is registered as an abandoned call. Anyone have a tip on avoiding this? Using ICM 7.0.0

5 Replies 5

cbyington
Level 5
Level 5

Use the set contact info step to mark the call as handled. Capture when they hang up using the looking glass step contact inactive exception. Then mark it has handled before finish. This is how I have dealt with this type of issue

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

What call type are you looking at?  For example, is it the call type associated to the dialed number or some where else?

david

Dialed number is associated w/ call type "CT_custsvc" They hit a menu where the call_type may be changed based on a selection.  Maybe I'm reading ahead, but are you thinking : change the call type just before the closed message plays to something like "CT_afterhours" and treat it like an after hours trash bin?

You're exactly right.  You can either change the call type to ensure that you don't see the abandon under CT_custsvc or you could create a report where you only look at abandons after X amount of seconds.

david

Yes - I think I'll create a CT_afterhours and change the type once the time of day node determines the dept. is closed. Not only will it remove after hours abandonments from the reporting but it will make it easier for the business to see how many calls come in after hours (to possibly justify staffing). THANKS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: