Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD synchronisation with ICM for agent

We have current set up as below.

ICM 7.x  comprehensive CVP model.

we have a query regarding the AD integration with ICM.

1.When we create a user in AD and retrieving from ICM agent explorer as Supervisor. we are not able to login to webview report.

2. if we remove the user from AD will it remove from ICM as well?

3. if configure a user in AD for ICM supervisor and webview user, what are the points to be consider?

When we check the UCCE SRND couldnt found anything which help for this issue.

Help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Shalid K.C

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

When you promote an agent to be a supervisor it creates a user in the ICM AD. You can log in as this user to WebView and view very limited reports - only for the team they supervise.

Better to use the User List tool and create the user (also goes to AD) and check the WebView box. Wider set of reports are enabled.

Don't remove the user from the AD - do it with ICM config and let it remove it from AD.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for posting the reply..

But here the requirment which come from the customer is they required to create a user in AD and want to user in to ICM as well. and when the agent resigned from the organization, instead of removing saperatly from each application once they deleted from AD it should remove from the ICM as well..

I hope u got my concern..

Not possible, however think about this.  An agent that is NOT a supervisor does not need to be in AD.

david

OK, you can create the User in AD first, and when you create the ICM user for reporting you can tell it to use the existing user in AD, and it will.

When the user leaves, ICM goes first and removes the user, but tells AD not to remove the corresponding entry. Then the AD guys can remove the user.

Creating a user in AD can never affect ICM; removing a user from AD can never affect ICM.

Let your customer know. They sometimes understand absolutes.

Regards,

Geoff

thanks for the post Geo and David.

But when i am going through the document, i found that 

The preferred method to create WebView reporting users is by using Active Directory authentication and adding users to the WebView domain group.

And

An individual who is created as a WebView user through Active Directory and who is also configured as a Supervisor though Configuration Manager will be treated as a Supervisor in WebView and will see restricted information in WebView reports.

But when i create a user in AD, but i am not able to login to web view as well as supervisor desktop

refer: Page 4.1,  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/enterprise_reporting/reporting7_0/installation/guide/wv75insg.pdf

The preferred method to create WebView reporting users is by using Active Directory authentication and adding users to the WebView domain group.

Exactly as I described. From the User List tool in ICM, create the User and it will create a user in AD. The password you set in the User List tool will be used by AD authentication. Check the WebView box.

Login as this user to WebView, and it will authenticate through AD.

You can check with the Domain Manager tool that your user in the WebView users under the ICM OU.

You can turn on logging through the registry so you can see the authentication trace in the salib layer to help you debug.

Regards,

Geof

Thank you for the info Geoff....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: