cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add an option to break out of the call queue and leave a VM?

James Gladwell
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to add the option of pressing a button to leave a voicemail while a customer is in the call queue.

I am attaching my script to here, what can I do in order to allow the customers to decide to just leave a voicemail during busy times that they have been in the queue for a long time?

I cannot attach my screenshot of my script for some reason.  I will try to get it uploaded in a little while.

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you would like the ability to press the button at anytime during the queue, then you will need to lose the Delay step and instead replace it with a Menu step that has a Delay Prompt of DP[30000].  You will also need to modify your two other Play prompts to allow barge in and to NOT flush the input buffer.  In the menu, once they press the option for VM, you simply use the Call Redirect step to redirect to the VM pilot number, using the mailbox number as the Reset Destination field.  If you want these types of calls reported as Handled versus Abandoned, then you will need a Set Contact Info step to mark the Contact handled upon successful redirect.

I hope that helps.

Here's a quick pseudo code snippet to reference:

Queue

Play Prompt with Barge and Don't Flush the Buffer

Queue Loop:

Call Hold

Menu DP[30000]

1 - Voicemail

Call Redirect to VM Pilot Reset Dest to Mailbox

Successful

Set Contact Info Handled = Marked

End

Busy

Invalid

Unsuccessful

Timeout

Unsuccessful

Call Unhold

Goto Queue Loop

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

James Gladwell
Level 1
Level 1

If you would like the ability to press the button at anytime during the queue, then you will need to lose the Delay step and instead replace it with a Menu step that has a Delay Prompt of DP[30000].  You will also need to modify your two other Play prompts to allow barge in and to NOT flush the input buffer.  In the menu, once they press the option for VM, you simply use the Call Redirect step to redirect to the VM pilot number, using the mailbox number as the Reset Destination field.  If you want these types of calls reported as Handled versus Abandoned, then you will need a Set Contact Info step to mark the Contact handled upon successful redirect.

I hope that helps.

Here's a quick pseudo code snippet to reference:

Queue

Queue Loop:

Call Hold

Menu DP[30000]

1 - Voicemail

Call Redirect to VM Pilot Reset Dest to Mailbox

Successful

Set Contact Info Handled = Marked

End

Busy

Invalid

Unsuccessful

Timeout

Unsuccessful

Call Unhold

Goto Queue Loop

Anthony Holloway

+5 Thanks Anthony!!

This is what I have now.

Works perfect, except the QueueWaiting is only play every 2 minutes. 

I forgot to mention that you need to remove the timeout and retry values under the Menu's Input tab.  What's happening is that the menu is playing multiple times when nothing is entered.  Try that and then I think you'll have it 100% where you want it.

Anthony Holloway

That did it. The queuewaiting.wav is cut off by a few seconds when it starts, but it is playing more often that every 2 minutes now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: