cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Agent/Supervisor in Agent Explorer on HDS

randy.folliard
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving the following error when trying to add a new agent/supervisor in the Agent Explorer on the HDS server:

Configuration Manager

Failed to update the database

SQL Server Error

Error: 2627, State 2, Severity: 14

Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint ‘XAK2Person’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object ‘t_Person’.

Db-Lib Error

Severity: 5

Db-Lib Error: 10007

General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Serve

[press OK]

6 Replies 6

tapk5
Level 3
Level 3

Did you manually add items into t_Person table? PersonID is primary key in that table, and is automatically generated by ICM when new agent is added. If any record insert is not awared by ICM, ICM could use that PersonID when adding new agent, and a conflict would happen.

Wei

No, I did not manually enter this item in the t-person table; however, this item was listed as an agent in Agent Explorer. I was having problems logging this agent onto the CAD application. Therefore, I removed this agent. However, now I am unable to add this agent back to the Agent Explorer. Where is the t-table located on the HDS? Your help is much appreciated!

PersonID exists in both t_Person and t_Agent table, can you compare the maximum PersonID from these two tables?

Select maximum(PersonID) from t_Agent (or t_Person)

with

select NextAvailableNumber from Next_Available_Number where TableName=Person

If the existing PersonID is equal and greater than the next available PersonID, the previous deletion wasn't completed properly. You might have to manually delete the items from t_Agent/t_Person, so that when ICM adds new agent, it would use the next available number.

Wei

Wei,

Thank you for your response. Where would I find the t_Agent or t_person table on the HDS?

Couple of ideas; you could have a Person created already with same name (John Smith for example). Also check Deleted Objects to verify that there aren't any Agents or Persons that haven't been permanently deleted. I'm pretty sure these items are just marked as deleted and you must permanently delete them. Also if the Person is already created and you are just creating the Supervisor you'll want to map the Supervisor to the proper Person, assuming the Person isn't linked already.

You can run SQL queries to check to Person and Agent tables. Just don't edit the database directly, only using ICM Configuration Manager.

AWDB