Views
Helpful
Replies

agent based routing

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

within srnd i found the following about agent based routing;

Agent Routing. Unified CCX routing applications can select a specific agent if that agent is in Ready state. (Queuing on a per agent basis is not supported.)

Guess i'm really not sure what this is targeted at and the description in SRND only confused me more...

Want to be able to route a call to an agent (specialty) and if agent is not there then route to backup agents.

can i get some input on best way to handle please given this agent based routing functionality.

thx.

paul.

13 Replies 13

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

This is referring to Skills based routing. You assign agents skills and give them a weight or priority. This gives you the ability to have calls routed to agents depending on their skills. When you configure IPCC you would create all your 'Skills'groups and then assign your agents to the 'Skills' and set the skill level.

Unlike Express, in UCC Enterprise you have a "Queue To Agent" node.

Come and play with the big boys. ;-)

Regards,

Geoff

Unfortunately, customers i deal with don't have the $$ for ICM and the like...

I wish.

So this agent based routing is not something in addition to what is already there?

Why the seperate configuration section for agent based routing.

Not really clear on this...

I get all that.

Been doing CCX for a while but never messed with the agent routing as i never had a chance to check it out.

was just wondering if this was a new feature that was what it sounded like - the ability to queue a call directly to an agent.

I suppose you can just leverage the skills and competancy to get what you want....

Here is a scenario when you might use Agent Based Routing:

Your caller enters a support ticket number, you check the ticketing database to get the assigned tech's user id, and you see that John Smith is the assigned tech. You then Route the caller to that agent user id. This is better than doing a call redirect, because you keep cradle to grave reporting. You cannot queue to an agent with this step though, so he would have to be Ready.

If you have a small set of agents, and you want to Queue to Agent like the "big boys" have, just create a CSQ that is the same as the user id, and assign the agent to this CSQ. Instead of routing to an Agent, which doesn't support queuing, route to the CSQ which only has this one agent in it. Be careful though, there is a limit to how many CSQs you can have.

CSQ = avholloway

Skill = avholloway

Agent = avholloway (Skill: avholloway; Level 10)

this will only work with a small number of agents, the more agents you have the more work to keep up with the configuration it will take.

david

>Be careful though, there is a limit to how many CSQs you can have

What is that limit?

Regards,

Geoff

I assumed the original question was directed at express because someone setting up enteprise would most likely have a good understanding of call routing/queueing strategies. So the CSQ limits would be 150 CSQs on a 7845 and 25 CSQs on all other platforms. An agent can be assigned to a maximum of 25 queues.

Cheers.

craiglcve,

Yes, it was an Express question. Thanks for posting the limits.

Regards,

Geoff

pretty sure it is 50

guess i was wrong.

thought an agent had max of 50 skills.

btw Geoff,

Im ready to come play with the big boys :-)

No worries mate. Looking forward to your company.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: