Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent being able to receive calls from 2 queues

I have UCCX 7.1 Express enhanced.  I have a request to add a queue for a new phone number to ring into.  My issue is that the agents that will be answering it are in 2 seperate queues now. So I have queue 1 and queue2 now and they would both need to be able to answer calls from the new queue 3. I believe I can do this somehow through skills and I have found some info from a 3X and 5X guide but nothing for 7.1

So I was thinking there must be a way to do this.

Thank you

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What you can do then is build one test script, and use the the different triggers to set the queue.

So calls in to trigger 1111 will set the queue to Queue1

Calls to trigger 2222 will set the queue to Queue2

Calls to trigger 3333 will set the queue to Queue3

This way you have only 1 application and 1 script to worry about for these 3 specific queues.

12 REPLIES

Re: Agent being able to receive calls from 2 queues

If they have the skills to answer Queue 3 calls then they will be able to

answer them. So in your case, Agent 1 will have Queue 1 and Queue 3 skills.

Agent 2 will have Queue 2 and Queue 3 skills.

HTH

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

You will add the new queue(skill) to the Resouce in CCX App Admin.

When you create the queue, you will assign a skill to it.  Once you create that, you will then go to the individual resources and assign the skill to them.

Hi David,

Yes, you need to create a new skill under the third Queue (CSQ) and assign this skill to the Agent (who is already getting calls from existing 2 queue's).

Your script also need to modified to include this new CSQ.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

where in my script do I add the other queue? Do I add in where I normally set the first queue?

I am going to set up a test script and try this. Thank you

Are you just making a test script for the new queue, or are you adding the new queue to an existing script?

If making a test script for the new queue, then yes, add it where you would set the first queue.

So each script would only have one queue in it but the agent is assigned skills that are in both queues? Then both queues are set to look at skills not resource groups? So the agents that have both skills would see both queues?  So i need to set up 2 seperate scripts to test with and create 2 seperate aplications.  Is that it?

How many scripts are you currently running?

For your new queue, I would create a separate script for it and a separate application.  In that script, you would assign the call to the new queue.  For the agent, you would assign both the old queue and the new queue assignment.

Over all about 30 this project just involves 3 seperate queues though. So I will set up 3 test one's to work with and assign  test agents to those.

What you can do then is build one test script, and use the the different triggers to set the queue.

So calls in to trigger 1111 will set the queue to Queue1

Calls to trigger 2222 will set the queue to Queue2

Calls to trigger 3333 will set the queue to Queue3

This way you have only 1 application and 1 script to worry about for these 3 specific queues.

Great idea!   Thank you. that is what i will do

So thanks every one!! I was able to create a script with 3 seperate queue's in it.  Then I created the queue's with the skill sets I had created and then I assigned a Agent to 2 of the Skill sets and no Resource Group. I was able to call into both numbers and both showed up in my logged in Agent. I was wondering though if there is any way to make those queues show seperatly in the reporting window of the Agent under "Contact Service queue Statistics" drop down?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content