Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Agent can't answer calls on extension mobility phone

Customer is asking to allow agent to use any phones to log in, and answer calls. We deployed extension mobility profile for each agent. and associated both personal phone and EM profile to the agent, ICD extension is enabled. all phones are associated to RM JTAPI user as well. The problem is, agent logs in EM then logs in the extension from CAD, when call comes in quueue, it will ring both phones, and if clicking 'answer' from CAD, the call is answered by agent personal phone. How can we let calls answered by EM phone?

I tried different things, like, dis-assoiated personal phone from this agent, the call still goes to personal phone. Unless I removed personal phone from both agent and RM JTAPI, the call goes tp EM phone.

It sounds personal phone always prevail when both are associated.

Wei

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Agent can't answer calls on extension mobility phone

JTAPI does not support shared line apperances, so the EM profile should have the same ACD DN as the phone itself, you need to create new ACD DNs to the EM profiles, and agents will always have to login to EM before taking call center calls, even if they are sitting at their desk.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Chris,

Customers only use extension mobility in emergency evacuation, so they could sit in other offices to take call, so letting them log in EM every time may not a good idea. I am thinking to let agents take call from EM phone only, not from CAD desktop. CAD can still monitor calls.

Wei

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Well, then maybe they should have a seperate EM profile for this emergency purpose, and login to this particular profile only when it's needed. This way you can dedicate different DNs for that purpose. It's more of a training issue than technical.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies