Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Agent Email for UCCX

Is there a way for a Cisco Agent Dekstop agent to be able to receive emails into the email queue while they are on an agent voice call?  I believe the answer is no,  but I have a need for an agent to be able to view email sent by a customer while they are on a phone call. 

The scenario is an agent is on a call with a customer, the customer sends an email to sales@abc.com and the agent wants to be able to verify that the email was received.  If the agent is on an agent voice call with the customer, they will not be able to receive emails in the queue.

My thought around this issue was to have a second email address for the customer to send directed emails to that the agents could log on via webmail to check(they do not want to give out personal email addresses) but they do not want another external email address.

My alternate solution is to configure a distribution list for the external email address sales@abc.com and send it to internal unadvertised email addresses salesq@abc.com and salesweb@abc.com.  The agents should be able to get the email in the queue using the salesq@abc.com (the address associated with the email queue) and still be able to log on to webmail by pointing at the salesweb@abc.com email.  Email rules would just need to be configured in Exchange to clear out the salesweb@abc.com periodically to clean out the inbox.

Can anyone verify if this will work or if there will be any issues with this workaround?

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Re: Agent Email for UCCX

Last I checked, it's one or the other. Voice, or email.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM, t.lomonaco

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Agent Email for UCCX

My alternate solution is to configure a distribution list for the external email address sales@abc.com and send it to internal unadvertised email addresses salesq@abc.com and salesweb@abc.com.  The agents should be able to get the email in the queue using the salesq@abc.com (the address associated with the email queue) and still be able to log on to webmail by pointing at the salesweb@abc.com email.  Email rules would just need to be configured in Exchange to clear out the salesweb@abc.com periodically to clean out the inbox.

Can anyone verify if this will work or if there will be any issues with this workaround?

The sales@abc.com address would already be a distribution list if you have configured this in accordance with the documentation. Just add a second mailbox to the distribution list.

Alternatively, if you trust the agents, you could access the CCX mailbox directly from Outlook and view the message in the appropriate folder. Agents need to be careful not to delete emails in there of course. Since the messages are not removed from the Exchange mailbox, they could technically be viewed within it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content