Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent function

Hello,

Is it possible to let the agent transfer the call back to the IVR to the last menu the customer was listening to.

Amer

13 Replies 13

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, if you have a trigger that will deposit the call at that specific menu, instead of at the front of the script.  But the rep would need to know which menu the caller came from in which script. (i.e. menu 2 in script 1 vs menu 5 in script 3)

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Andrew,

This would be easy if do it manually , what i need is like a task to do the function automatically.

and also i don't think it is a good idea to fill the system with DN's especially that what i need is for a ISP that have a large number of functions.

Amer

You can accomplish this with session retrieval to understand how far through the menu a caller got. What you would do is set a variable value with how far the caller got in the menu structure. Before connecting the contact with an agent store this variable to a session. You can then check each call to the trigger to see if a session already exists. If it does use the variable and a Switch step to determine where in the script to jump back to.

What I'm not 100% clear on is whether the contact's session ID will still be intact after a CAD agent transfers the call or not. If the contact's session does not get retained you will need to add a mapping ID to pull it back. Your best shot here would be to map the Implmentation ID from the Get Contact Info step. As long as the agent doesn't park the call (which isn't supported anyways) I would expect this to remain intact.

Jonathan,

To store the function into a variable this is two easy and BTW this is UCCE not UCCX.

I already thought of it and i also can easily add a DN (trigger) on each function and i can simply show the number of the last menu as a trigger on the CAD as a ICM variable and then i have a task for a single step transfer and the agent should only type the number that appears on the icm variable.

My question is it possible to transfer a call back to the IVR with a TASK and let it automatically chooses the ICM variable 1 as a DN for the single step transfer ?

I don't think you would need to add a DN for each place in the IVR.  You just create a single transfer to IVR DN.  When a call arrives at this DN the IVR application will look at the call data and based on the call data go to the menu where the caller left off.  In the IVR before you start your prompt, you should set some variable in the call data which will be used as the marker of where the caller is currently located.

david

Hello David,

I like the idea but how the IVR will looks into th call data considering that this is a new call , so in this case all the data is erased.

Amer

It doesn't look like a new call because it's a call which already came in via ICM, right?  If you're using IP IVR or CVP, you just pass the ICM PVs to the IVR and write your IVR script to access them.

david

David,

According to what you say , if the call came to the agent via the CVP script and variables are already assigned , if i re-route the call to the IVR it will automaticly uses the variables that appears on the CAD layout , is this correct ?

Amer

No, CVP and ICM communicate via ToExtVXML and FromExtVXML, you will need to pass data back and forth using those variables.

david

David,

I already know that, what i meant that the ICM variables data that i passed when the call arrives to the agent are going to be available the second i transfer the call to the ICM script so if i do like a if statement for a varibale , the data is available there ?

Amer

If you already knew that then I'm not sure what you're asking me. The call data is persistent for the duration of the call.  Put the data in the ToExtVXML array when you send the call back to CVP.

david

David,

Let me be more specific because it looks like we have a communication problem.

*Call enters the ICM script.

*The customer did a selection for a menu

*I saved a variable refering that menu in ICM variable 1 as 2

*the customer askes to talk to an agent.

*The agent answers the call and the ICM variable data is shown clear in the CAD layout.

*Let's say from here the customer asks to be send to the last menu he chooses which is 2 (ICM variable 1)

*the agent will do a blind transfer to the IVR

*What i need to know is here ,at the time the call hit the IVR script if i did a selection based on ICM variable 1 , is it going to be 2 or the data is going to be reset and the value 2 is no longer available

Amer

You're missing a few steps which might make this clearer.

*Call enters the ICM script.

*ICM sends call to IVR.

*The customer did a selection for a menu

*I saved a variable refering that menu in ICM variable 1 as 2

*the customer askes to talk to an agent.

*CVP sends the call back to ICM, ICM parses variables and puts PV1=2  ICM looks for an available agent.

*The agent answers the call and the ICM variable data is shown clear in the CAD layout.

*Let's say from here the customer asks to be send to the last menu he chooses which is 2 (ICM variable 1)

*the agent will do a blind transfer to the IVR by using a DN associated with an ICM script, ICM script will grab PV1 and send it to the IVR via ToExtVXML.

*ICM script will send call to IVR.

----

What i need to know is here ,at the time the call hit the IVR script if i  did a selection based on ICM variable 1 , is it going to be 2 or the  data is going to be reset and the value 2 is no longer available

PV1=2 will be available in ICM, you just need to pass this to the IVR.  Any ICM controlled call will keep its data for the duration of the life of the call regardless of peripheral.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: