cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent gets reserved but CAD is "grayed out"

Hi there

I have a trange problem, that I can't figure out. Any inoput is appreciated

CUCM 8.6 / UCCX 8.5 SU4

1. External call => CUCM => UCCX (swicthboard function) answered in 3 party client. (Works OK)

2. 3 party client sends call to waitOnBusy script in UCCX, which answers call (Works OK)

3. WaitOnBusy script does consult transfer to requested number, sent from main script to WaitOnBusy script via enterprise variables (Works OK)

However in order to solve the much needed feature of beeing able to show original calling number instead of CTI port on outgoing call (still not implemted from Cisco), we insert a prefix before transfering call, so that we can manipulate with the number shown on recieving extension/mobilephone (Works OK)

4. Transfer call to extension or mobile phone works fine.

5. BUT if the call is transfered to the Helpdesk number, which is a UCCX Route Point on same UC cluster, we have a problem:

The agent gets reserved but CAD imidiately goes inactive, all icons gets grayed out and CAD interaction is not working. Also there is no call information in CAD desktop. The call rings on the phone and can be answered there.

The script logic is working fine, the call is in the system and progresses in queue, until it becomes nr. 1. But if the call is not answered by the first agent, the call never gets assigned to a new agent, but instead remains in que. So something goes wrong with selecting the resource step and the CTI communication between CUCM and UCCX.

After verifying that CSS and partitions are OK, we found that if we remove the prefix before transferring to Helpdesk number, it works fine.

So it seems that the CUCM prefix (translation pattern) causes UCCX/CAD to fail.

Any ideas on what is causing this behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Looks like you have some solid troubleshooting skills though.  You narrowed it down to the translation pattern.  Nice work.

This is unsupported for this very reason.  You will need to remove the translation pattern from your call flow.

Redirection to translation patterns not supported —Unified CCX does not support the use of

consult transfer/redirect step from scripts to a translation pattern that maps back to a route point.

Refer to the caveat, CSCsk19574, for details.

Source: UCCX 8.5 Release Notes

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

5 REPLIES

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Looks like you have some solid troubleshooting skills though.  You narrowed it down to the translation pattern.  Nice work.

This is unsupported for this very reason.  You will need to remove the translation pattern from your call flow.

Redirection to translation patterns not supported —Unified CCX does not support the use of

consult transfer/redirect step from scripts to a translation pattern that maps back to a route point.

Refer to the caveat, CSCsk19574, for details.

Source: UCCX 8.5 Release Notes

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony

Thanks for you quick and precise answer.  I'm sorry that I can't take the credit for all the troubleshooting

I didn't think about looking for this in release notes and clearly saw it as a software failure. Your answer possibly explains another issue that I have seen on the same installation, which I until now "blamed" on the 3. party software and made a workaround. So perhaps I need to apologize

Since this is a unsupported feature (still an error in my opinion) it only underlines the need for the function I konw many have been requesting for an eternity:  When will Cisco provide option to send calling number when doing outgoing call on CTI port?

Regrads Henrik

Henrik Larsen wrote:

When will Cisco provide option to send calling number when doing outgoing call on CTI port?

Are you referring to the call arriving at the Agent's phone, and how it shows the CTI Port DN and not the customer's ANI?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4149442#4149442

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Re: Agent gets reserved but CAD is "grayed out"

Nice, I didn't know that one, but no that's not what I mean. Even if this solution is implemented, I expect you would still have the problem on the agent phone, that if you don't answer the call, it wil show a missed call not from Calling number but from CTI port.

Example: Let's say a company has a helsdesk on UCCX solution. After opening hours, employees who call the helpdesk have the option to press 1 if it's a business critial issue. These calls are then transfered by UCCX to a mobilephone. On that mobile phone, you will not be able to see who is calling, as the CTI port extension number typically is in a technical numberserie, so that it doesn't use any DID numbers.

So the option is to set the company main number as default on the ISDN trunks, but the technician recieving the helpdesk call on the mobilephone, wants to see who is calling (ANI) and not some default number.

I now that the caller could be prompted to leave a phone number, but that's not really the issue.

I know that it's possible to do some manipulation using seperate CTI port groups, but since I might end up with maybee  50-60 groups if I go that way, that will no be an option. The script places the call on hold, so the port will be busy until call is answered, so I'll need a lot of ports to accomplish this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content