Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Agent getting 2nd IPCC call while 1 is in progress?

IPCC agent reporting that upon logging in and answering an IPCC call from queue – another call rings through to this same IPCC line. The agent is reporting the second call is also an IPCC call.

Perhaps the second call is being transferred directly to the IPCC line while it's in use, from internal staff.

Ruled out possibility of a parked call reverting back to this IPCC line (causing 2nd call).

My question is - is it possible for more than one IPCC call to ring through to an IPCC line while first call is in progress? Could this happen by IPCC line settings being set to allow 2 incoming calls at a time?

The IPCC lines are set to allow two incoming calls so that if a parked call needs to revert back when the line is in use with the next IPCC call - the parked call has the 2nd line to revert back to.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you -

Nat

5 REPLIES

Re: Agent getting 2nd IPCC call while 1 is in progress?

For the IPCC line,Either have call waiting turned off (in CM versions 3.X) or in versions 4.X and above, set the busy # of calls to 1. You cannot have more than 1 incoming call to the IPCC line. That should fix the issue

Please rate posts

Community Member

Thank you - it sounds like that will fix this issue, but will cause the one we were trying to work around. That issue being:

IPCC agent parks a call - it times out due to not being retrieved, and tries to revert back the IPCC agent (whom is on a new call in progress). What will become of the call park reversion?

Is there a work around for this, too?

Nat

Well, more than 1 call is not supported on an IPCC line. Can't you set the call park time to a longer number or no timeout? If you park the call, retrieve it on some other did/personal line. That is all you can do.

Community Member

I don't think if you have allowed 2 calls per line for ICD line,it should send sent the second call on a busy trigger. I have almost 30 customers running with 2 calls allowed per line . IPCC is a queue mechanism and it will not send the second call by design. Looks like you are hitting a bug .Please contact TAC

Community Member

Thank you for the information about having the 2 call allowance set on your 30 customer group.

I have performed a test, with the 2 incoming call allowance on the ICD line. Tried to recreate the scenario being reported, of 2nd IPCC call ringing through to an ICD line with an IPCC call already in progress.

In the test, my 1st call was answered by the only ready agent, and my 2nd call held in queue (as it should). Maybe the person reporting this problem is under a false impression of the 2nd call ringing to a busy ICD line being sent from the IPCC system, when it's probably being transferred directly to the ICD line by internal staff, and because it's set for 2 calls - the transferred call rings through.

That could explain why I'm getting reports of "sometimes" 2nd IPCC call rings through to an ICD line that's already in use.

Nat

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content