Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Agent not able to login "license error occured" when side A PGA server down

Hi all,

Yet another question for me.

My scenario :

I am using a UCCE setup where in I have two locations (A and B) and in location A I am having PG server A and PG server B and PG server A was shut down.  I had a problem agents were not able to log into CAD and the error message is license error occured  now my issue here is that I had 380 seats per server and one of my servers (side A) was down.  Some of the agents who tried to log in got license error occured message.  But the utilized seats were only 309 hence there were free available units so how could agents get this error.  How do i find the root cause for this error. But as soon as i started my PG A side i was able to see the license unit utilization increasing.

Many thanks for your help and suggestion in advance.

Regards

P.Vishvak

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

Agent not able to login "license error occured" when side A PGA

The issue outlined of some Agents get a license and others get a license error may not be actually related to available licenses.  The error your Agents are seeing may be because BOTH the PGA & PGB IP addresses may not be configured inside their individual CAD installation.  The easiest way to check that is to search for the file postinstall.exe file on their PC and run it.  What you should see is both the PGA and PGB IP addresses.  If you only see PGA listed in there that explains the licensing error as it didn't know about the PGB server instance.

The second item you may then want to check is if that users PC can actually resolve to and can communicate with the PGB server.  There could be a LAN / WAN issue that is preventing those Agents from reaching the PGB side and thus they will see a licensing error.

In summary, if the Agents device cannot reach PGB for whatever reason (non-configured or LAN/WAN issue) they could receive this same rather misleading licensing error message.

Views
Helpful
Replies